Coldplay X&Y Tour reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
randhail said:

I had presale tickets for last night's Hartford show and my tickets did not arrive until early last week, so I wouldn't expect to see your tickets this month. I'm guessing it's to cut down on scalping.

Ah, thank you. I love that they're waiting until the last minute. It adds some much needed suspense to my life. :rolleyes: :crazy:

U2dork said:
I'm also looking forward to seeing them in Sept. Did anybody here use the presale for tix? Have you gotten your tix yet?

Yeah, I'm seeing them in WPB and Tampa and I haven't received my presale tickets for either show yet...

I'm REALLY REALLY looking forward to these concerts... I missed out on seeing them last tour... and promptly became a fan AFTER they had played a venue twelve steps from my front door. :|

Anyone else going to the West Palm Beach or Tampa shows that wants to meet up? I'm going alone to WPB and I need a buddy! :)

Seeing them tomorrow night in Camden!

Can't wait. I have to work tomorrow morning though. That blows.

Dalton said:

Strange, I thought it was wise/gracious/smart/sensible/important/relevent/original.

what up bitch - you just found yourself in a thesaurus war!

:tickle:

:wink:

I think you are extremely stupid/brainless/dazed/deficient/dense/dim/dodo/doltish/dopy/dotterel/dull/dumb/dummy/foolish/futile/gullible/half-baked/half-witted/idiotic/ill-advised/imbecilic/inane/indiscreet/insensate/irrelevant/irresponsible/laughable/loser/ludicrous/meaningless/mindless/moronic/naive/nonsensical/obtuse/pointless/puerile/rash/senseless/short-sighted/simple/simple-minded/slow/sluggish/stolid/stupefied/thick/thickheaded/trivial/unintelligent/unthinking/witless

Your swearing is rude/abrupt/abusive/bad-mannered/barbarian/barbaric/barbarous/blunt/boorish/brusque/brutish/cheeky/churlish/coarse/crabbed/crude/curt/discourteous/graceless/gross/gruff/ignorant/illiterate/impertinent/impolite/impudent/inconsiderate/insolent/insulting/intrusive/loutish/low/obscene/offhand/peremptory/raw/rough/savage/scurrilous/short/surly/uncivil/uncivilized/uncouth/uncultured/uneducated/ungracious/unmannerly/unpolished/unrefined/vulgar/wild

Saw them in London Crystal Palace June 27 and all I can say it's the best concert I've been to right after U2 elevation tour, hopefully tomorrow's concert in Barcelona will be better... Fix you is a great closer

Saw them in London Crystal Palace June 27 and all I can say it's the best concert I've been to right after U2 elevation tour, hopefully tomorrow's concert in Barcelona will be better... Fix you is a great closer and till kingdom come is just beautiful

u2popmofo said:
I'm glad you guys thought that was funny, I thought it was idiotic/rude/stupid/ridiculous/petty/irrelevant/unoriginal. If you dont like Coldplay, how about staying the hell out of threads about them? I'm sick of all of you insecure U2 fans poopooing everything that gets more press, airplay, attention, sales, and higher ratings than U2. Get over it.

I believe this is a U2 message board, not a Coldplay one.

I don't have anything against Coldplay, just pointing it out. But why the hell didn't they play Shiver? It was awesome on the Coldplay Live 2003 DVD, I thought it'd stick around this tour. :|

U2dork said:
I'm also looking forward to seeing them in Sept. Did anybody here use the presale for tix? Have you gotten your tix yet?

Hey I will be at the same show as you. We should meet up before hand. :up:

I saw Coldplay 4 times last tour and I never heard them play Shiver and I was sad about that but had zero complaints about any of the shows I was at other than the 15 year old brat who stole my harmonica that Jonny gave me from the stage. :angry:. Anyway, I was happy Shiver made it to the DVD.

IrishDawg said:

I believe this is a U2 message board, not a Coldplay one.

And??? I fail to see how this comment was relevant. This is a section for music OTHER than U2, is it not?

u2popmofo said:

And??? I fail to see how this comment was relevant. This is a section for music OTHER than U2, is it not?

Ah, yes, but this a U2 message board, therefor the U2 fans outnumber the Coldplay fans. Fights are bound to break out and people will obviously criticize Coldplay :wink:

The people here also criticize U2 for that matter. :|

I am just upset at how everyone says that U2 are copying Coldplay with songs like City of Blinding Lights and Walk On, when it is really Coldplay copying U2. My friends seem to think it's U2 copying Coldplay. If they heard JT or UF they would think differently.

And MissVelvetDress_75, if anyone stole a harmonica that Jonny gave me I would have pulled a knife on them. :mad:

IrishDawg said:

I am just upset at how everyone says that U2 are copying Coldplay with songs like City of Blinding Lights and Walk On, when it is really Coldplay copying U2. My friends seem to think it's U2 copying Coldplay. If they heard JT or UF they would think differently.

It's just cuz it's the IN thing to say...

I have a friend who thought the Guys were in their 60s...wow, she judges age well...

Dallas Pit Tickets Hunt Update:

I got my hands on a pair! :drool: Now all I've got to do is sell my old seats for face value and make back what I originally spent on them. Payed more than twice as much for the Pit :huh: , but I was desperate.

Anyone want tickets for September 23rd in Dallas? Face valueeeee :wink:

I do not care for Coldplay myself, nor have I read this thread. I just came across this in a search for something else, and am passing it along for anyone interested.

Coldplay performs in the U2 mode
Theater review

By C.E. Hanifin
Enquirer staff writer

The Enquirer / Keli Dailey

Chris Martin of Coldplay enthralls the crowd at Riverbend Center Tuesday night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Could Coldplay be the next U2?

Both bands have lobbed a steady barrage of megahits at America from across the pond. A charismatic, socially conscious frontman leads each group. And they share a penchant for rock with an expansive scope and an emotive core.

When Coldplay performed Tuesday at Riverbend Music Center, the British group demonstrated its most striking similarity to its Irish predecessors: The ability to forge an intimate connection with individual members of a thousands-strong arena crowd.

Just like U2's Bono, Chris Martin exudes an enigmatic yet approachable confidence. He gripped the crowd in his thrall from the minute he strode onstage to the final notes of the show's finale, the current hit "Fix You."

At various points during the concert, Martin hopped on one foot, slowly pinwheeled across the stage and stood transfixed by his own pixilated image on the gigantic video screens that were the sparse set's main ornamentation.

The screens, which flashed grainy images of the quartet as it performed, echoed the intentions of the countless fans snapping shots with their camera-equipped cell phones. Near the end of "The Scientist," the four musicians aimed their own disposable cameras at the crowd, then tossed them out to fans.

The entire set flowed seamlessly from one skillfully orchestrated number to another. Standout numbers "Clocks" and "Everything's Not Lost" soared into musical and emotional crescendoes, lifted by Martin's pure vocals and pristine piano riffs.

Moments of subtlety interspersed the capital-R rock songs. The band members clustered near the stage's edge for the acoustic "Til Kingdom Come," a heartfelt ballad they wrote with hopes of performing it with Johnny Cash before he died. The gorgeous "Swallowed in the Sea" rang with a lullaby lilt.

Martin, who takes his well-crafted music just as seriously as Bono does, also possesses a wry sense of humor that keeps him from becoming a caricature of rock earnestness. During the group's first U.S. hit, "Yellow," a bevy of bright balloons bounced down onto the crowd.

"OK, the song isn't going to finish until all those balloons are gone," Martin said, then held tight to one sustained note. The resulting pop of bursting balloons mingled with the crowd's laughter.

(that's the complete review, taken from: http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050811/ENT/508110318/1025/LIFE)

inmyplace13 said:
Dallas Pit Tickets Hunt Update:

I got my hands on a pair! :drool:

:rockon:

Congrats!

I can't wait to see them twice about a month from now :up:

I've been hearing good things about the show :)

And I'm so excited because, from the pics I've seen taken from the pit, it looks like you're literally right up against the stage!

I'm still trying to determine what is the best time to get there to be right up in the front for the pit... any ideas?

hippy said:

I'm still trying to determine what is the best time to get there to be right up in the front for the pit... any ideas?

Well doors at the Dallas show are at 6, and I have no classes on Friday, so I'm going to drive home Thursday afternoon after my last class, then Friday morning around 11 or so I'm going to stake out my spot. Once more people arrive, I'll ask them to save my spot, then drive back to Mansfield to pick up Miss imp13.

So I'm getting there at least 6 hours early.

At various points during the concert, Martin hopped on one foot, slowly pinwheeled across the stage and stood transfixed by his own pixilated image on the gigantic video screens that were the sparse set's main ornamentation.

I find that mildly disturbing. :|

roy said:

u2popmofo said:
The "more press, airplay, attention, sales, and higher ratings than U2" comment was about any artist whom one of these things may apply to, not just Coldplay. Assume what you will as to which of these is relevant in this case..

There you go, you are wrong!

Does it kill people to actually read???

resisting posting here is like watching a small dog taking a beating without stepping in...it's going against my nature, but I m u s t r e s i s t...:faint:

Hola amigos :wave:

Does anyone know if they´re coming to Chile in December ?:ohmy: That´s what I´ve heard several times during last 3 weeks on a few Chilean Radios :drool:

I hope that´ll be true:up: :heart: ;) . I´d love to hear songs like A Rush Of Blood To The Head, The One I Love and Life Is For Living ( IMO they should close their shows with this song !!!:love: )

Peace ;)

Back
Top Bottom