Coldplay X&Y LIVE DVD...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uwwedoogie

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just bought an official Coldplay Live DVD in Dublin... it looks 100% proffessional but when I played it, it had the VH1 and MTV2 logo's

it has Coldplay Live Leak,
Coldplay Storyteller's
Coldplay from Conan O' Brien
Coldplay on SNL
Coldplay on Jonathon Ross
Coldplay at Live 8

but is there an official gig being released from the band?

They could be filming in Sydney again. :hmm:

They did say somthing to the effect that they wanted each tour DVD to be a step up in venue size from the last. They filmed at the Horden (low thousands capacity) and now playing the Entertainment Centre (14,000 capacity). They are playing 3 nights as well. Don't rule it out. :wink:

I'm sure they will if they haven't filmed it already. Coldplay Live 2005 or Live 2006. I haven't heard a thing about where they're filming though.

It's really a shame they've seemed to take Low out of the live set. They played it at one of the two shows I went to last year and it was great. Great tune, one of my favorites from X&Y.

The addition of 'How You See The World' almost makes up for it though. Looks like the only non-album track they've been playing all tour, which is too bad considering in many cases their b-sides are better than the album tracks.

Not to my knowledge. I believe they've soundchecked it and didn't like how it sounded. Strange considering it's the tour's namesake.

The use of the new screen has been really great. The numbers during Square One and the enlarging colored blocks in the chorus are fantastic.

Politik is good this tour but I prefer the previous tour's rendition. I like the explosions effects during the climax though.

if there's any show of theirs worth releasing it's their headline set at Glastonbury Festival 2005. that was awesome!

a good friend of mine is a HUGE coldplay fan and he told me they are filming or have filmed a show from Earls Court for a DVD release.

Don't know why Coldplay hasn't played Twisted Logic on the tour of the same name........... In my opinion, it is the best one on the CD.

:|

I'm not a fan, but I found this information that I could share.

There is a DVD scheduled for release on 1/31/06 called 'Love Actually - A Documentary Film' (not authorized by the band). Could just be odds & ends footage.

There's another one due in March:

"The Coldplay Phenomenon"

This is the ultimate critical review of Coldplay on record, on stage and on screen. In the space of just three amazing albums Coldplay have been transformed from unknowns to international superstars.

Drawing on archive film and interviews with the band, a team of leading music critics and working musicians reviews and assesses the music of Coldplay to reveal the secrets behind the Coldplay phenomenon. This is the most hard-hitting, frank and penetrating review of the music and personalities which shaped the Coldplay phenomenon ever produced"

No info on live shows or anything. Just what I can see in the databases that I have access to :shifty:

I have the feeling that the dvd will be filmed from one of the 2006 gigs.

Back
Top Bottom