Coldplay - Viva La Vida - Keep Talking.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to this for the first time yesterday. Liked it as much as any other Coldplay album, anyway. Still not wildly impressed with them (specifically Chris Martin). But it's not bad.

Top, top, top album.

Fire up for Prospekt's March - will almost certainly feature some killer tunes.

is there a name for the new album?

maybe this time they put in the cover DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS...

or LA MUERTE Y SUS AMIGOS

I fucking HATE coldplay

lock this thread and delete it. fuck this shit. in the middle of a parking lot.

pussies

It's too late, you hurt Chris Martin's feelings :angry:

Unless you want another X&Y album I suggest you write an appology letter...

Dear Chris, Gwyneth, and Coldplay

Chris, I apologize for hurting your feelings. You're the giganticest douche in the history of mankind but you do have the ability to write a decent melody. This is why you deserve to remain under my ever vigilant and murderous eye for at least another four months.

Coldplay, I apologize for the post I've made earlier. I will still kill you all in your sleep, but now I will prolong the bloody proceedings. You've written some decent songs. Some good ones even. And I saw you in concert once and got laid after. That was cool. Thanks for that.

Gwyneth, I'm sorry for what I've said about your husband. You are my favorite actress and I'd love to kiss you on the mouth. And I'd especially enjoy making sweet and biblical love to you. Maybe one day we'll meet and you can have the honor. Until then, eat your apple and get your moses to part the red seas of your husband's shallow heart.

Sincerely,

GAF

My hope for this upcoming EP is that there is a song or two that really stands out.

With Viva La Vida, my favorite song was Chinese Sleep Chant but it was a mood peice more than a fully realized song, if that makes sense. The others are good. There isn't a bad song on the album but there aren't any that really stand out either. That is my one knock on the album. Hopefully this era has one song that stands out in my mind.

Knew you'd crack.

You know, if you try to put aside your reservations, like I did, you'll find a great album.

I think it's fair to say you can like the album, or songs, without liking Coldplay very much... which is my case entirely.

I went to see Coldplay twice last week, first time in my hometown, Vienna, on Wednesday, second time in Munich on Friday. Atmosphere and audience was better in Munich, but the show was exactly the same, start to finish. They had video "balls" and two catwalks. There were more than just a few U2 references :wink: I liked the show, although it seemed more of a "Greatest Hits" show to me, with Coldplay playing it safe and performing almost exclusively their well-known songs and singles. They played everything from Viva La Vida, not everything worked very well live, I thought Violet Hill wasn't too good, but then again, it's one of my least favourite songs from the last album. Chris' falsetto voice is underwhelming, but he's a great piano player. Also it seems Coldplay doesn't like Parachutes, because they played only Yellow from that album, which I found a little sad. But overall great show without bombastic effects.

I liked the show, although it seemed more of a "Greatest Hits" show to me, with Coldplay playing it safe and performing almost exclusively their well-known songs and singles. They played everything from Viva La Vida

In my eyes those two sentences contradict each other. When a band plays (nearly) everything from its last album, then it's not a 'greatest hits' show. It would've been if they only played 2 or 3 new songs plus only hits.

What is a 'greatest hits' show in your opinion, BTW?

P.S. I'm going to see them on Thursday! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom