Coldplay - Viva La Vida - Keep Talking.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just absolutely enamoured with Strawberry Swing at the moment. I'm normally a serious, grouchy bitch and it makes me want to go and be playful and all have all kinds of fun :heart:

I am just absolutely enamoured with Strawberry Swing at the moment. I'm normally a serious, grouchy bitch and it makes me want to go and be playful and all have all kinds of fun :heart:

I agree, isn't it the most joyous and soothing song. Incredible tune.

Now the sky...
could be blue...
I don't mind...
without you it's a waste of time

The sky...
could be blue...
could be grey...
without you I'm just miles away

Without getting all sappy, yeah.

He may not be a great lyricist (Noel Dickhead reckons he is :huh: ) but I really love the simplicity of all of that song. Awesome.

I saw them in concert yesterday. It was quite a crackin' concert ( :wink: ), though I didn't really get into it due to some jerk behind me complaining that I was standing (I might've only scored a seat, but that doesn't mean I want to sit down. It's a rock concert, for Chrissakes!) and subsequently some strict security guys who made us go back to our seats. :|

But the songs sounded quite good live (though unfortunately they didn't play my favourite off the new record: Yes). And the visuals were also nice. So overall I did have a good night. :)

Oct 08
Rotterdam

Dear Coldplay fans and friends...

First of all, thankyou for the incredible year you have been giving us so far; from asking for our songs on the radio, to buying an album, to coming to a show; we owe you in a big way. As audiences you have been incredibly awesome to play for, and I might add that your singing has been in excellent form.

In the spirit of trying to do things a bit differently and keep everything fresh, we are going to do a few musical moves that we have not previously attempted. Firstly, in a few weeks we are going to release a version of Lost! which has a guest experience on it in the form of JAY-Z.

Then in November, we are happy to announce we are putting out an E.P. called PROSPEKT'S MARCH. It contains five songs that were not finished back in May (our deadline for Viva La Vida) but that have just been completed. They are:

1. Life In Technicolor ii (which is a song)
2. Postcards From Far Away
3. Glass Of Water
4. Rainy Day
and
5. Prospekt's March

We are very proud of these and are pretty excited to release them. They have been the subject of many discussions and arguments; some might be considered too catchy or too heavy for Coldplay songs but in our minds they complete the VIVA LA VIDA picture.

If you want to get the E.P. you can download it or order it from the internet or you can get it in a special edition of the album called "Viva La Vida: Prospekt's March Edition".
The version of Lost with JAY-Z on it will also be on this.
We really hope you enjoy it and we look forward to singing these songs with you in cities across the world.

thanks for reading - sorry about the handwriting.

love CHRIS

Oct 08
Rotterdam

Dear Coldplay fans and friends...

First of all, thankyou for the incredible year you have been giving us so far; from asking for our songs on the radio, to buying an album, to coming to a show; we owe you in a big way. As audiences you have been incredibly awesome to play for, and I might add that your singing has been in excellent form.

In the spirit of trying to do things a bit differently and keep everything fresh, we are going to do a few musical moves that we have not previously attempted. Firstly, in a few weeks we are going to release a version of Lost! which has a guest experience on it in the form of JAY-Z.

Then in November, we are happy to announce we are putting out an E.P. called PROSPEKT'S MARCH. It contains five songs that were not finished back in May (our deadline for Viva La Vida) but that have just been completed. They are:

1. Life In Technicolor ii (which is a song)
2. Postcards From Far Away
3. Glass Of Water
4. Rainy Day
and
5. Prospekt's March

We are very proud of these and are pretty excited to release them. They have been the subject of many discussions and arguments; some might be considered too catchy or too heavy for Coldplay songs but in our minds they complete the VIVA LA VIDA picture.

If you want to get the E.P. you can download it or order it from the internet or you can get it in a special edition of the album called "Viva La Vida: Prospekt's March Edition".
The version of Lost with JAY-Z on it will also be on this.
We really hope you enjoy it and we look forward to singing these songs with you in cities across the world.

thanks for reading - sorry about the handwriting.

love CHRIS

Fuckin' hell - how hard is it for band's to release something physically in shops anymore????

Do I have to spend my whole life wanking around at home downloading stuff, when I'd much rather rock up to my local and buy meself a compact disc? I could meet someone who truly loves me.#

Cursed 21st Century.

Fuckin' hell - how hard is it for band's to release something physically in shops anymore????

Do I have to spend my whole life wanking around at home downloading stuff, when I'd much rather rock up to my local and buy meself a compact disc? I could meet someone who truly loves me.#

Cursed 21st Century.

Um, you can buy a physical version. It just sounds like you have to order it from the internet (I'm assuming that means it won't be available in stores, but maybe that will change), or you can buy the deluxe edition of the album that comes with both in stores.

Here's the full tracklist according to Pitchfork:

Prospekt's March EP:

01 Life in Technicolor II
02 Postcards From Far Away
03 Glass of Water
04 Rainy Day
05 Prospekt's March / Poppyfields
06 Lost + (ft. Jay-Z)
07 Lovers in Japan (Osaka Sun mix)
08 Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/146228-coldplay-add-jay-z-to-lost-announce-ep-details

so, forgive me for not paying attention ( :wink: ) but is this EP going to be available on a separate CD or only part of a re-issue deluxe version of Viva La Vida?

If it's the second option, that sucks for those of us who bought the album already...

Hmm, reissues of albums and screwing over fans... someone else does that... I can't remember who :hmm:

Hmm, reissues of albums and screwing over fans... someone else does that... I can't remember who :hmm:

Not so fast there, buddy. I think there will be a deluxe edition of the EP including the Jay-Z collaboration. This is actually closer to the Radiohead model with In Rainbows than anything U2 has done. Remember, we're actually getting new songs here, not one new song and 5 remixes of the same song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom