Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
COLDPLAY
Live at Brixton Academy 6/16/08

This played live on BBC Radio last week...just thought I'd share:
http://www.media fire.com/?oxt3u1sj1qz

Intro
Life in Technicolour
Violet Hill
Clocks
In My Place
Viva la Vida
Chinese Sleep Chant
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
Square One
Trouble
Lost!
Strawberry Swing
Interlude
Yellow
Death Will Never Conquer (The Goldrush cover)
Fix You
Lovers in Japan

Thanks a lot! Nice setlist! :up:

hahahahahahaha.....

I fucking loved the confetti during Viva la Vida.....oh my.....holy shit, I can't stop laughing after watching this video...

YouTube - Violet Hill - Viva la Vida Coldplay Live in BBC

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Roger Waters released confetti during "Sheep" on his Dark Side of the Moon tour (I saved a few pieces from the last show I went to - kind of cool). I guess he was ripping off U2 as well, because U2 clearly invented the idea of using confetti at concerts. :lol:

What did it for me was seeing Will (the drummer) stand up during Viva La Vida, banging away at those drums. I totally had visions of Larry during Love And Peace in my head.

I mean, it's so-oooo blatantly obvious, it's embarassing!! :tsk:

And did you see that Guy Berryman plays a Fender bass, just like Adam? :tsk: It's blatant! Blatent, I tell you!

COLDPLAY
Live at Brixton Academy 6/16/08

This played live on BBC Radio last week...just thought I'd share:
http://www.media fire.com/?oxt3u1sj1qz

Intro
Life in Technicolour
Violet Hill
Clocks
In My Place
Viva la Vida
Chinese Sleep Chant
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
Square One
Trouble
Lost!
Strawberry Swing
Interlude
Yellow
Death Will Never Conquer (The Goldrush cover)
Fix You
Lovers in Japan

Wow. I have to say that it wasn't a very good performance. I really hope this isn't the setlist they stick with.

And did you see that Guy Berryman plays a Fender bass, just like Adam? :tsk: It's blatant! Blatent, I tell you!

oh I know it's blatant, GibsonGirl...you don't have to tell me :tsk:

the confetti is still just hilarious everytime I watch it, I still don't know exactly why it is so humorous...:lol:

ummm...why is there a red " V " on Martin's shirt? I'm just curious....anybody know.........?

:lmao:

Why are you laughing? I thought you preferred this smiley?: :banghead:

no no....you're wrong, I don't..

BUT SERIOUSLY.....anybody know why? I'm genuinely curious :hmm:

oh and btw...what is there not to be laughing at right now? How could you even ask me such a question?

the confetti is still just hilarious everytime I watch it, I still don't know exactly why it is so humorous...:lol:

pictureqj8.jpg

oh I know it's blatant, GibsonGirl...you don't have to tell me :tsk:

ummm...why is there a red " V " on Martin's shirt? I'm just curious....anybody know.........?

:lmao:

I know I'm going to regret this. But why is it humourous when Coldplay uses confetti and not your beloved U2 during City of Blinding Lights?

Oh, and the "V" may suggest Viva La Vida, the album title or possibly be in the same font as the album cover. I'm sure NO ONE questioned why Adam was wearing a facemask during Popmart.

Guys, I think U2 invented changing their look for every tour, too!!

Well, isn't it obvious? He's promoting the single "Vertigo," not Coldplay's new album, "Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends."

Thank you for pointing out my minor typo, by the way. :hug:

oh ok, thanks :)

BoMac, there's just something about the song "Viva la Vida" in conjunction with confetti that amuses me...I really don't know what it is...and I had never seen Coldplay use confetti before until then...maybe they have used it before...I don't know :shrug:

and you're welcome GG :hug:

Rob, don't you think Viva La Vida is better than ATYCLB or HTDAAB? I think so.

It's not as good as Bomb, but better than ATYCLB, IMO. Of course, I don't really hold ATYCLB in all that high esteem.

Viva would be pretty brilliant if Coldplay had a great singer/lyricist at the mic, but they don't. So, for now, I'll just settle on "cracking".

It's not as good as Bomb, but better than ATYCLB, IMO. Of course, I don't really hold ATYCLB in all that high esteem.

Viva would be pretty brilliant if Coldplay had a great singer/lyricist at the mic, but they don't. So, for now, I'll just settle on "cracking".

ElMel, have you ever considered doing a cartoon on all the U2/Coldplay comparisons? I think it would be absolutely cracking!

You should do it!!

ElMel, have you ever considered doing a cartoon on all the U2/Coldplay comparisons? I think it would be absolutely cracking!

You should do it!!

It's not a bad idea. I couldn't do any cartooning for a week, but now that my computer is stable again, it's a possibility.

I can have Chris Martin steal Bono's identity or something. Then, when no one can tell them apart, Bono can ask Chrissy if he has a preoccupation with death in his songwriting, and he'll run out of the room crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom