Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn. #1 song on Billboard, and most likely #1 album next week.

Impressive.

Most likely? Billboard reported yesterday that first day sales were likely over 300,000 and the week should hit at least 700,000. I honestly don't pay as much attention to popular media anymore but I didn't get the impression there was as much interest surrounding this release as X&Y (which isn't to say it was going to fly under the radar) and as that album disappointed people you'd think that would also have an impact, but they played the media blitz right and it looks like it'll open to a very similar number. Whether it can sustain that with less potential singles (and tracks in general) than their last two remains to be seen. "Lost!" and "Strawberry Swing" being the two potential singles I can see at the moment, although they can radio edit the double tracks.

alright, I'll have a go :wink:

Rob, here's a thought if I might, if you don't like Coldplay - and this is just my opinion here:

DON'T LISTEN TO THEM!!!!

Now I realize that this is a wild and crazy concept and all and given the fact that you have listened to an album by a band that you "hate" 11 times in a row now but really, if they make you that mad, turn off the radio. Listen to one of your U2 CDs, write in your journal, take up stamp collecting, go jogging with friends - DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN OBSESS OVER THIS!

:up:

Most likely? Billboard reported yesterday that first day sales were likely over 300,000 and the week should hit at least 700,000.

Well, the artist currently at number 1, 'Lil Wayne, had huge numbers last week, and since I don't follow hip hop as much, I wasn't sure how much of a drop he'd have the following week, but most likely, Coldplay will top his second week numbers.

True, but like anything nowadays that will be frontloaded and no doubt fall hard this week.

I haven't bought it yet because I'm waiting until I get paid on Friday. Do you think I should spring for the actual CD instead of just buying it on iTunes? I'd have to do that extra hard step of uploading it to iTunes in that case.:wink:

I haven't bought it yet because I'm waiting until I get paid on Friday. Do you think I should spring for the actual CD instead of just buying it on iTunes? I'd have to do that extra hard step of uploading it to iTunes in that case.:wink:

YES.

:yes:

I dunno, I'm of the mindset that if it's a band a like a lot, I get the actual cd.

YES.

:yes:

I dunno, I'm of the mindset that if it's a band a like a lot, I get the actual cd.

True. I did that with "Hard Candy", the new Madonna album, and that'd the first actual CD I'd bought in God knows how long. I'm buying the new U2 album on CD, so I might as well do the same with Coldplay.:up:

And the Coldplay album is really worth having CD quality with the Eno soundscapes. But iTunes read it weird, it came up only as Viva La Vida, that and you have to retag the "hidden tracks"

:lol:

you guys are funny :)

I really don't know where to start...but umm...yeah...this forum is sort of hidden away...and I have visited it before, but on accident and I never really knew how to get back here haha....anyway...now I know exactly how to get here!!! :lmao:

How hard can it possibly be to navigate through this website? Unless you spend your entire time obsessing over and analyzing 30-second clips, it's fairly simple.

-Hand over mouse, move it around a little and:

*click, wow, I'm now in Bang and Clatter!*

*click, wow, look at Put 'Em Under Pressure!*

*click, golly gee, it's Out of Control!!*

*click,well, look at Lemonade Stand*

*click,I'm in Everything You Know Is Wrong*

*click, now I'm in PLE—well, uh..er, you get the idea

See? Not difficult at all.

alright, I'll have a go :wink:

Rob, here's a thought if I might, if you don't like Coldplay - and this is just my opinion here:

DON'T LISTEN TO THEM!!!!

Now I realize that this is a wild and crazy concept and all and given the fact that you have listened to an album by a band that you "hate" 11 times in a row now but really, if they make you that mad, turn off the radio. Listen to one of your U2 CDs, write in your journal, take up stamp collecting, go jogging with friends - DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN OBSESS OVER THIS!

:up:

:laugh: Have you been talking to kaffy?

Don't think I ever have. Viva still holds up a week later, so that's cool. I wish "Life in Technicolor" lasted just a minute longer; the segue into "Cemeteries of London" is rough.

:| Clearly, LMP, you're holding a grudge because I walked out on our date when I saw your idea of dinner and a movie was drive-thru McDonalds and a Ron Jeremy festival at the adult movie emporium.:down:

:| Clearly, you're holding a grudge because I walked out on our date when I saw your idea of dinner and a movie was drive-thru McDonalds and a Ron Jeremy festival at the adult movie emporium.:down:

I still can't see what's wrong with that. Mr. Jeremy was a great teacher of mine and I was paying the guy a favor. The McDonalds is inexcusable, I'm sorry. We should've gone somewhere more high-class, like Wendy's.

I still can't see what's wrong with that. Mr. Jeremy was a great teacher of mine and I was paying the guy a favor. The McDonalds is inexcusable, I'm sorry. We should've gone somewhere more high-class, like Wendy's.

Wendy's?!:angry: Hellz naw. Try the BK Lounge. Now that's fine dining. :drool: You learned about sex from Ron? I learned from Jenna Jameson. Maybe I should've stuck around.:flirt:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom