Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's alright if certainly immaculately produced. The only real catchy standouts akin to what made the second album such a pleasure are the instrumental opener and the breakdown during the end of "Yes!"...the first two singles are hardly going to make this the blockbuster they're hoping for.

sigh....how hard is it to wait a week?

Apparently, Coldplay MySpace has the album playable in full, now that the album has been frustratingly leaked.

Not available in the US or some European countries. People in the UK will be able to listen no problem though.

You seriously need to stop bitching about this. Most are approaching this as a smart consumer, it's the same with movies. Would you rather buy a new movie with no clue about its quality or go see it first, make an assessment, then choose whether or not to buy it? I know the frustration comes from people who don't buy the music, but there are plenty of people on here who have posted that this is a cracking album and that they'll buy it when it officially comes out. Case closed.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Not available in the US or some European countries. People in the UK will be able to listen no problem though.

You seriously need to stop bitching about this. Most are approaching this as a smart consumer, it's the same with movies. Would you rather buy a new movie with no clue about its quality or go see it first, make an assessment, then choose whether or not to buy it? I know the frustration comes from people who don't buy the music, but there are plenty of people on here who have posted that this is a crackin' album and that they'll buy it when it officially comes out. Case closed.

Fix'd for ya.

I'll take it into consideration. Crackin' is now one of my favorite adjectives.

I'm debating whether or not to shorten it to LMP or YLB.

But if you change it to YLB, then that means everyone would be able to refer to you as such, instead of the chosen few.

That's the drawback to using that one, otherwise I'd change it to that.

I'll throw Sicy a PM sometime about it.

I heard the best quote on radio this morning. I :lol:ed.

Chris Martin: "It took us a while to dismantle all the Coldplay forumlas."

Anyone know when this comes out in Australia??

Well, there haven't been too many reviews yet, but the ones I've read have been mostly positive. :shrug:

I've seen one or two on the net and they were average reviews. Most were a bit critical of the lyrics and praising the guitar playing. One was critical cos he said it would appeal to everybody. Some reviewers are such idiots. Yeah its a coldplay album. Not ground breaking but then again I just dont think Coldplay are capable of tearing up trees. But its a good album and well worth listening to. Some really good tunes on there especially the ones that take a different turn right when you think there going to fade out. The weakest songs are Violet Hill and the title track Viva la Vida which in my opinion is just trying too hard to be too catchy. Its ok but just not that great. All in all a good album.

So I'm liking this album more and more :up:

anyone else think Lovers in Japan sounds like it'd fit on Funeral? the beat, the guitar, the lush arrangement... reminds me a bit of Power Out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom