Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, Nelly. I understand you're excited, but this is the most ridiculous sentence I've ever read on here. :doh:

ETA: By "on here" I meant Lemonade Stand. I've read more ridiculous statements in EYKIW. :wink:

Hahah....my tongue was planted firmly in my cheek when I typed that sentence.

Maybe I should have put :wink: next to it...

Damn. I guess my brand of humor is not yet known round these parts. It will be some day, oh yes, it will be!

Hey can I just mention on the link for HQ versions its Violet Hill in the zip and not Life In Technicolour which is disapointing hehehe. Any chance for LIT?:rolleyes:

Hahah....my tongue was planted firmly in my cheek when I typed that sentence.

Maybe I should have put :wink: next to it...

Damn. I guess my brand of humor is not yet known round these parts. It will be some day, oh yes, it will be!

Sorry dude, my sarcasm detect-o-meter doesn't function as well on Friday's. I need an entire weekend before it's working properly again. :wink:

COLDPLAY Premieres

Starting Friday, at 1PM EST and streaming all weekend for MySpace Members, a "MySpace Album Exclusive" of Coldplay's "Viva La Vida"
The HOUR Coldplay one hour interview special: MySpace will feature an early sneak peek clip from the show all day Friday (show broadcasts on CBC at 11PM EST Friday night)

MTV.ca will have the Coldplay album premiere streaming on their website starting Monday, June 9

MuchMusic.com will also have the Coldplay album premiere streaming on their site starting Monday, June 9

The HOUR COLDPLAY SPECIAL with George Stroumboulopoulos

On Friday, June 6th, at 11pm (youtube trailer - 1:23), The Hour's all-access, exclusive, full-hour TV special with Coldplay premieres! The recently shot footage in Coldplay's London recording studio saw Host George Stroumboulopoulos given unprecedented access to the band, having one-on-one conversations and sharing candid moments as they prepare to release their new record, Viva La Vida.

CBC The Hour page!
Extended promo clip - 3:00

Are any of the songs/links being passed around different than what's on the album----i.e., what's meant by "HQ version?" I'm actually holding out for my first listen to be off the cd, but I don't want to miss any variant versions!

Seems like the album is not having more than average reviews - besides one or two that rate it well.

And... Surprise! Almost all of those reviews constantly point U2 comparisons, or at least, Chris vs Bono comparisons.

Now, is it just a anti-Coldplay thing now?

Ok a balanced opinion. This album is the best album I have ever heard and better than anything U2 have EVER done!:drunk:

My first impression after 1 listen to the album:

Very enjoyable, much better than X&Y, but not as good as AROBTTH. It is very ambient and atmospheric, makes for pleasant listening. It is distinctly Coldplay, not much of a different sound from their previous albums.

After several more listens I'll give a more in depth review.

sigh....how hard is it to wait a week?

Apparently, Coldplay MySpace has the album playable in full, now that the album has been frustratingly leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom