Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how we're all going through that thread now. :lol:

LM makes an appearance but doesn't say anything substantial. Good to know some things never change. :wink:

I give my post a 6.5/10. The reference to Live 2003 was clever, but the post, all-in-all, lacked subtlety. :(

I love all the people rushing to defend X&Y's shit lyrics by quoting a couple of daft lines from U2 tracks spanning several different albums.

So, as far as we can see from that thread, people were obviously far more positive about X&Y then than they are now. It hasn't aged well, apparently.

Will we see the same drop-off for Viva? I don't think so, because it's more than a bunch of songs on a piece of plastic. It's an album.

I blame Eno for this.

Its a decent album with some good songs, is it one of the best albums ever certainly not. At least I can say they are trying to do something slightly different (even if it has many elements from other bands, not just including U2). Its up their with the same quality they have produced in the past, which is by most standards very good. I enjoy the album and there isnt much more you can ask for from music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom