Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the point I was originally trying to make was that I can kinda see where Screwtape is coming from that... he cannot see how the next album is obviously gonna be a classic. I can't either since the last 2 got so many negative reviews. Eh but whatever. It's become a love/hate thing for me with U2. And I don't wish to derail this thread further.

As for the topic, I cannot wait to get track 1. Can somebody send it to me even if it is an inferior version or whatever? I don't think Phanan had it at the time. Phanan, do you have it now?

muralee_s @ hotmail.com

I've always had it. I thought it was included in that file I sent you.

I'm at work now and don't have it, so hopefully someone else can do the honors this time.

I've always had it. I thought it was included in that file I sent you.

I'm at work now and don't have it, so hopefully someone else can do the honors this time.

Really? :scratch: I wonder if it was one of those 3 links you sent me. Cos I couldn't access one of them. It said "download limit reached" or something. Oh well, even if nobody can send it to me, it's okay. I don't mind waiting for one song till the release date. It will be like a surprise. :wink:

Really? :scratch: I wonder if it was one of those 3 links you sent me. Cos I couldn't access one of them. It said "download limit reached" or something. Oh well, even if nobody can send it to me, it's okay. I don't mind waiting for one song till the release date. It will be like a surprise. :wink:

Do a google blog search, zoots. You'll find it easily.

all in all, after hearing this album a full two times now i have to declare that this will be (at least for me) a damn good year for music

Coldplay
Oasis
Travis
and some group called U2
all will be well musically this year

I can't wait for the new Travis album, have you heard anything about it?

they played one of the new tracks on some radio station and apparently the feedback was ecstatic -- and in the blogs Fran has been posting about the mixing sessions, its the one track that seems to really stand out (I think McCartney heard it was was blown away)

they played one of the new tracks on some radio station and apparently the feedback was ecstatic -- and in the blogs Fran has been posting about the mixing sessions, its the one track that seems to really stand out (I think McCartney heard it was was blown away)

J Smith or whatever? I might have to see if I can find it...

how does one do a "google blog search" anyhow? :reject:

Very true. U2 has never been one to roll over in the face of competition, and now is their chance to really step it up. If Eno brings his A game, we're going to have a classic on our hands.

I left for a couple of hours and haven't gone through all the pages, so I have no idea if someone brought this point up. Brian Eno definitely was on his A game for Viva la Vida, and I have no reason to believe he won't do the same for U2. Essentially, if U2 does 'step up to the plate' in response to Viva La Vida, it will be Eno trying to outdo himself.

Only time will tell, but in the meantime, I'm getting excited at the thought of hearing these songs live. :hyper:

dude this coldplay album is sick. sick. fantastic, and the demos are sick.

I'm excited and nervous and hopeful for the Irish.

I think it would be VERY interesting if we could go back to the days surrounding the immediate leak of X + Y to see what some of your guys reactions were.

I'm guessing some of you that are rashly and ridiculously overrating this new album based on early listens were saying very similarly positive things about X + Y. And now it "sucks"...

We will see...

Oh yeah, and the Gwyneth Paltrow influence really shines through here on a lot of the new tracks...

gwyneth.jpg

I think it would be VERY interesting if we could go back to the days surrounding the immediate leak of X + Y to see what some of your guys reactions were.

I'm guessing some of you that are rashly and ridiculously overrating this new album based on early listens were saying very similarly positive things about X + Y. And now it "sucks"...

We will see...

we did that with HTDAAB with hilarious results... or so I heard :angry:

We will see...

X&Y was trashed from the beginning around here.

he cannot see how the next album is obviously gonna be a classic. I can't either since the last 2 got so many negative reviews.

Again, so?

The funny part is that, looking back at actual, professional critics' reviews, you'll see that the albums were actually praised on release, and probably still would be. It's only the hipster wankjobs that have turned on those albums, and there are a large number of them here at interference, as you well know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom