Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a decent album with some good songs, is it one of the best albums ever certainly not. At least I can say they are trying to do something slightly different (even if it has many elements from other bands, not just including U2). Its up their with the same quality they have produced in the past, which is by most standards very good. I enjoy the album and there isnt much more you can ask for from music.

That's a fair review. I probably like it a bit more than you do, but yeah, it isn't a classic or anything, just a surprising return to form.

Do you guys know what Fix You is about? Maybe it just sounds retarded. Maybe there is a deeper meaning? :lol:

Do you guys know what Fix You is about? Maybe it just sounds retarded. Maybe there is a deeper meaning? :lol:

Actually Zoots, I think the song is about being broken and not being able to put the peices back together. The narrator sees this soul walking home by streetlight and sees the good in them and that there is a person underneath it all. It is actually better than I remember it being.

Actually Zoots, I think the song is about being broken and not being able to put the peices back together. The narrator sees this soul walking home by streetlight and sees the good in them and that there is a person underneath it all. It is actually better than I remember it being.

Yeah I can see that. :up:

Setting skeletons on fire to repair someone?

:laugh:

Btw, does The Escapist (is that the name of the 2nd half of the last track?) remind anybody else of Motion Picture Soundtrack a little?

Actually what The Escapist reminds me of is an instrumental off Bowie's Low or Heroes. YLB do you hear it too?

The quality's not good enough for me to able to tell. You don't have permission to call me YLB either.

Nice. Is Coldplaying a good board at all? I haven't visited there ever and don't plan to. How does it compare to the blue crackness?

There are a lot of good features and it looks rather nice. But the people are too sweet and there too many fangirls. " :heart::heart::heart::heart: OMG SPEED OF SOUND CHANGED MI LIFFFFEEEEEE :heart::heart::heart::heart: " :yuck:

So who's going to predict my reaction? I've listened to it four times now, so I think I can.... make an assessment.

originalgu6.jpg

So who's going to predict my reaction? I've listened to it four times now, so I think I can.... make an assessment.

originalgu6.jpg

You think it's a glorious, euphonic musical epiphany?

Oh wait, that's Screwy's reaction. :wink:

I'm sure you like it fine. :up:

Strawberry Swing is going to be one of my favorite Coldplay songs. Easily. The vocals further back in the mix really serves them well.

And Chinese Sleep Chant is as great as I had hoped. Those two are the big highlights for me.

k so Strawberry Swing is my favorite so far. Go figure :laugh:

I also like Lovers in Japan and La vida loca :)laugh: thats all I can think of when I see the title). Cemeteries is good and Lost too.

Livin la vida loca :lol:

The title is quite possibly my least favorite thing about this album.

Viva la vida or death and all his friends? So clumsy and long! :huh:

The only 2 songs I'm not too keen on are Cemeteries and Lost! I agree with whoever said the acoustic version was better.

The only 2 songs I'm not too keen on are Cemeteries and Lost! I agree with whoever said the acoustic version was better.

That was Headache.

I really like the acoustic version as well, but I also agree with what someone else said (now it's my turn to forget) that the acoustic version is more like the traditional Coldplay sound, so I can see why they didn't use it. I'm glad it at least exists for us, though, cuz it is really good.

I can't find anything really weak on this album, to be honest. Reign Of Love might come the closest, as I don't think it really adds anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom