Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion - Page 66 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-24-2008, 11:50 PM   #976
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,002
Local Time: 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine View Post
How cool is Martin's duet with Kanye......fair track that.

The guy's a champion.
__________________

__________________
lazarus is offline  
Old 06-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #977
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,665
Local Time: 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine View Post
How cool is Martin's duet with Kanye......fair track that.


One of the reasons Martin comes across as a "twat" to some (again, a minority) people is because of the inane repetitive questions he keeps getting asked in interviews......and there are many of these interviews.

The guy's a champion. Love the way he gets all enthusiastic like a school kid about things, and how it comes out stupidly sometimes, but he's not trying to hide anything. He's very real, like many of us would be if we were put in the same situation. Which is a rather nice situation, let's not be envious. Reeks of tall poppy syndrome.
How can you say definitively that there's a minority of people who think he's a "twat". Have you spoken to every person on the planet?

Oh, and FYI: Martin is not the only celebrity to be asked inane, repetitive questions. That aspect of being in the public eye is pretty much par for the course. All popular artists and athletes get asked the same questions, sometimes during the course of the same press conference.It comes with the territory. It's all in how you handle the questions. Personally, I think he comes off as sincere. But this is my own opinion and there are many, many others that may disagree with my assessment.

Subjectivity.
__________________

__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 06-24-2008, 11:53 PM   #978
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
intedomine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7,949
Local Time: 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
90's kid with 90's hair and a 90's baggy shirt.
__________________
intedomine is offline  
Old 06-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #979
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
GG thanks for the insightful comments, but I honestly don't know why you bother. There will be people out there that will continue to hold on to their opinions no matter what.

As for me, I won't let some comments from people on the internets influence what I listen to. Ultimately, it's up to each individual person to choose what they like to listen to, and to stop ragging on others when their musical tastes differ from theirs.

Again, musical tastes are subjective. I love Coldplay, I love U2. Do I see similarities between C-Play and U2? Of course I do. Do I care? No, why should I? Will it make me like either band less? No.

To me, all this back and forth on either side of the argument is useless. Why don't people just let things be? To use a sports analogy, if a coach yells the same thing to his/her players day in and day out, eventually the players will start to tune out. They won't listen. They won't care. This is human nature. So, to bring it back to this context, if there are people saying the same thing over and over and over about Coldplay, will it make a difference? No, because over time that person's opinions will fall on deaf ears because we will have heard them before.

Honestly, all this back and forth is becoming annoying. I wholeheartedly enjoy this album, despite, or rather, in spite of its supposed similarities to other bands out there. I still enjoy A Rush of Blood to the Head more, though.

You're right.

It just frustrates me when I see people being so blinded by their loyalty to U2 that they are incapable of forming rational comments. Ever since this album leaked, certain people (not naming names, but they know who they are) have been bombarding Interference with the same old Coldplay/U2 rubbish, to the point where they are overemphasising these similarities - and sometimes even plain inventing them. I mean, for goodness' sake...someone actually said that even though, as I proved, the musical content of Life In Technicolor was not even remotely close to Where The Streets Have No Name, Coldplay copied U2 because the feeling produced by the music is the same. Stated that I should recognise an "Edge-chord" (you know, because The Edge invented chords) when I hear it. Honestly, it's ridiculous! I can't help not addressing that kind of nonsense.

But again, you're right. I'm only perpetuating the argument by countering the claims. I'll do my best to ignore the U2/Coldplay brigade.


So yeah, Lost!...I definitely think that's going to be the next single. It would be interesting if they went with something like Yes, though. It's not a conventional "radio" song, but I think it would do a good job of showing people that they have indeed tried something a little different this time.
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 06-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #980
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,002
Local Time: 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine View Post
90's kid with 90's hair and a 90's baggy shirt.
...and probably listens to that 90's band Oasis.
__________________
lazarus is offline  
Old 06-25-2008, 12:10 AM   #981
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Rob33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,420
Local Time: 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonGirl View Post
You're right.

It just frustrates me when I see people being so blinded by their loyalty to U2 that they are incapable of forming rational comments. Ever since this album leaked, certain people (not naming names, but they know who they are) have been bombarding Interference with the same old Coldplay/U2 rubbish, to the point where they are overemphasising these similarities - and sometimes even plain inventing them. I mean, for goodness' sake...someone actually said that even though, as I proved, the musical content of Life In Technicolor was not even remotely close to Where The Streets Have No Name, Coldplay copied U2 because the feeling produced by the music is the same. Stated that I should recognise an "Edge-chord" (you know, because The Edge invented chords) when I hear it. Honestly, it's ridiculous! I can't help not addressing that kind of nonsense.

But again, you're right. I'm only perpetuating the argument by countering the claims. I'll do my best to ignore the U2/Coldplay brigade.


So yeah, Lost!...I definitely think that's going to be the next single. It would be interesting if they went with something like Yes, though. It's not a conventional "radio" song, but I think it would do a good job of showing people that they have indeed tried something a little different this time.

__________________
Rob33 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008, 12:12 AM   #982
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 11:24 AM
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 06-25-2008, 12:14 AM   #983
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Is that for the 90's kid or Rob?
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 06-25-2008, 12:15 AM   #984
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Is that for the 90's kid or Rob?
I leave it open to interpretation.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 06-25-2008, 12:19 AM   #985
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Rob33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,420
Local Time: 11:24 AM
I dunno...I like Elmer's glue...it's so reliable. Except I hate it when it gets on my hands...that's almost as frustrating as Chris Martin.













Oh wow....
__________________
Rob33 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008, 12:27 AM   #986
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob33 View Post
I dunno...I like Elmer's glue...it's so reliable. Except I hate it when it gets on my hands...that's almost as frustrating as Chris Martin.



Oh wow....
Wait.

What?
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008, 01:23 AM   #987
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Wait.

What?
Let it sink in.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-25-2008, 01:25 AM   #988
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Rob33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,420
Local Time: 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Let it sink in.


oh shit I can't stop laughing....
__________________
Rob33 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008, 01:26 AM   #989
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob33 View Post


oh shit I can't stop laughing....
Neither can I.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 06-25-2008, 01:28 AM   #990
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Let it sink in.
Still waiting.
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
 

Tags
coldplay, viva la vida

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com