Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-05-2008, 01:18 PM   #31
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Is there still no high-quality rip of Technicolor?
Geez! Just wait till the album comes out!

lol.
__________________

__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:19 PM   #32
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,692
Local Time: 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
Yeah but the extension is screwed up or something. It doesn't display any player icon and when I try to open with Windows Media, it does open and play but it won't copy to itunes. So I'm not able to add it to the rest of the album.
that's odd my itunes just converted it to ACC automatically and away we went...
__________________

__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:19 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 01:07 AM
So as far as I can tell, we still need a good quality version of Life In Technicolor. But apart from that, I'm wondering if the versions of Viva La Vida and Violet Hill that we have are any different to what will ultimately appear on the album. I'm hearing that supposedly Viva segues into Violet Hill, which I can easily see.

The original leaker really didn't know what they were doing. He did the songs one by one and didn't bother with Technicolor because he got confused between that and the bonus track attached to Death And All His Friends. And then, because Viva and VH are already out, he didn't bother uploading the album versions of those, either (I'm not sure if there's any difference, though - other than the potential segue).

Why he didn't just do one zip or rar file of the whole thing is perplexing, to say the least.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
Yeah but the extension is screwed up or something. It doesn't display any player icon and when I try to open with Windows Media, it does open and play but it won't copy to itunes. So I'm not able to add it to the rest of the album.
It's an mp3, so add that to the end of the file and it should work.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #35
Refugee
 
-macphisto-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,401
Local Time: 06:07 AM
Great Stuff, I'm also loving these songs, it's good to have Coldplay back!
__________________
-macphisto- is offline  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #36
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,692
Local Time: 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
So as far as I can tell, we still need a good quality version of Life In Technicolor. But apart from that, I'm wondering if the versions of Viva La Vida and Violet Hill that we have are any different to what will ultimately appear on the album. I'm hearing that supposedly Viva segues into Violet Hill, which I can easily see.

The original leaker really didn't know what they were doing. He did the songs one by one and didn't bother with Technicolor because he got confused between that and the bonus track attached to Death And All His Friends. And then, because Viva and VH are already out, he didn't bother uploading the album versions of those, either (I'm not sure if there's any difference, though - other than the potential segue).

Why he didn't just do one zip or rar file of the whole thing is perplexing, to say the least.
Justin Timberlake fans
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #37
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
Geez! Just wait till the album comes out!

lol.
Why would I want to do something like that? It's not 1986 anymore.

The leak is too poor quality-wise for me to not pick it up in on CD anyway.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #38
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 08:07 AM
How do these things leak anyway? Where does the first person find the files???
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:22 PM   #39
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,692
Local Time: 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
How do these things leak anyway? Where does the first person find the files???
Chris Martin lost his copy in the bathroom - true story.
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:22 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
How do these things leak anyway? Where does the first person find the files???
It's usually leaked by someone who either works for the label, or has provided a promo copy to somebody else (the most likely scenario). When I worked at a record store, I used to get promos of things weeks before they came out.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:22 PM   #41
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
It's an mp3, so add that to the end of the file and it should work.
Ah I see. Lemme try that. Thanks!
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:23 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,904
Local Time: 12:07 AM
i like Strawberry Swing so much that I just sent it to my DJ to play during dinner tomorrow night at my wedding, lol.
__________________
mikal is offline  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:23 PM   #43
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
Chris Martin lost his copy in the bathroom - true story.


Lemme guess. He tried to put it on the window sill and it fell out. Klutz!
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #44
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
i like Strawberry Swing so much that I just sent it to my DJ to play during dinner tomorrow night at my wedding, lol.
Wow! Congrats, man!
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:25 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,904
Local Time: 12:07 AM
thanks! that's the nice part about being the groom, i get to pick the dinner music!
__________________

__________________
mikal is offline  
 

Tags
coldplay, viva la vida

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com