Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well given the album a few spins now, and I must say, I am enjoying it. Apart from the atrocious Violet Hill and the average Yes, it's not too bad at all.

Funny. Those two songs (Yes and Violet Hill) are my favourites at the moment. I really like the use of the violin and Martin's vocals in Yes and the pounding rhythm in Violet Hill
:)

Okay so I listened to the CD in my car and what a great album! Several favorites here... Cemeteries of London, Lost!, 42, Yes, Viva La Vida, Strawberry Swing... all 5 star songs IMO. Good job, Coldplay! :up::up: This is easily close to being my favorite Coldplay album although I'm not sure if it beats Rush, probably not. But it does beat Parachutes for me. I still haven't heard all of X&Y and I was kinda tempted to get it yesterday at BB. It was on sale for $7.99 but still I resisted. I already have half the songs.

Btw,
How not to use clapping: We Suck Young Blood
How to use clapping: Lost! :drool:

It was just something I thought about last night while listening and figured I'd post cos after years of bashing in this forum, Coldplay deserves all the love they can get now! They've released a cracking™ album and they didn't even wait till Fall to capitalize on Christmas like a certain other band :happy: lol.

Btw, now that the album has turned out to be brilliant, I wonder if Laz has eaten these words...

Enjoy Mediocrity!

:lol:

LOST! is my favorite song by Warmstop.

And LOST is my favorite television show.

I am LOST in a dizzying maze of LOSTNess.

And this weekend I somehow got LOST in the king-sized, satin-sheeted bed of a Brazilian supermodel for 40 hours.

Call me the LOST Ness Monster.

Does anyone hear a little bit of the Smashing Pumpkins' 'Disarm' in the middle part of 'Life In Technicolor', where the acoustic guitar becomes more pronounced? Just the melody that would go along with the line 'Disarm you with a smile'.

Maybe it's just me, but I swear I hear it a little bit.

I guess nobody hears it, then?

Life in Technicolour is just a great start to this album. Apparently the vocal version is rumoured to be on their next album. Not sure if this is right though. Still hearing the Radiohead High and Dry influence in the solo on Lost which is no bad thing. They could have fleshed the ending bit out on this song a bit more.

Quick question for people who know me.

Is this album any good? All I've heard or read about it since the news that Eno was producing was a single on the radio the other day. It was pretty weak.

What's the deal with this one.

Quick question for people who know me.

Is this album any good? All I've heard or read about it since the news that Eno was producing was a single on the radio the other day. It was pretty weak.

What's the deal with this one.

I gave it many listens, Lance, and while it clearly does not suck, I cannot truthfully say that I liked it. I genuinely like two songs, and the rest are just meh to me. I'd still check it out, though, if I were you.

In the long run, I think most fans will view them on the same level with one another. Different sounds, but they both lack 'magic'.

I see.

Well, I'll give it a listen if I get the opportunity, but it's certainly not a purchase at this point.

I gave it many listens, Lance, and while it clearly does not suck, I cannot truthfully say that I liked it. I genuinely like two songs, and the rest are just meh to me. I'd still check it out, though, if I were you.

Really? Just two songs?

I still think this is a great album, and that's after many listens. Far superior to X&Y, and very close to Rush Of Blood.

Really? Just two songs?

I still think this is a great album, and that's after many listens. Far superior to X&Y, and very close to Rush Of Blood.

Yeah. I mean, more than 10 listens....I tried.

It's definitely better than X&Y, but to me that's not saying a lot.

It should be said that I'm just not a big fan, so it's implied that I'll like it less than anyone that truly likes the band.

I'll bet you'd trade both of your feet for those balls they scraped off.

But I guess this way you have something in common with Chrissy Martin.

I read that Chrissy played the baby in Eraserhead, is this true?

^ Haha that's funny.

But personally I still do enjoy a number of tracks off X + Y when I'm in the right mood.

However, there is a track on that album entitled Swallowed in the Sea which might very well be the worst thing that this band has ever done. Just bad. Crap on toast. I think Gwyneth must have written the lyrics to that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom