Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
umm...yeah...this forum is sort of hidden away...and I have visited it before, but on accident and I never really knew how to get back here haha....anyway...now I know exactly how to get here!!! :lmao:

God help us all. :sad:

kidding :wink:

OMG!!111!1!!!!

canthide-1.jpg

You know, ever since I first heard Yes, I've thought that the viola(?) on there was a painfully transparent tribute to John Cale. Lo and behold, I go on Rhapsody and check out Coldplay's celebrity playlist, and Venus In Furs is on it. LOL.

I just got this album Tuesday. I'm loving it more and more I listen to it. I like it so much better than the last two albums.

Also, I've never seen them live. So who in here is seeing them in Dallas or sould I say, who is buying tickets this Saturday for the AAC?

:D

yeah like the intro with the piano...one of the chord changes reminds me of Thom Yorke for some reason (that's not a HE'S COPYING HIM!!! i'm just saying it reminded me of something off the eraser..it's nice) but I don't like the last bit...the 7/8 (or 7/4??) is really annoying and just sounds 'forced' if you get me? Like they're trying to make it different by throwing in an odd time signature, all the singing over it suffers I think! :huh:

I think the tempo change/transition is a tad rough but I really LOVE the piano melody during the second half of the track and I like the chorus, but Coldplay isn't always great at changing mid-song, although they try it often. Its not perfect but its still one of my favorites to listen to.

So I just bought this at Target (only $9.98!) I really love this CD and I'm not even a Coldplay fan.

But what's up with the cheap ass packaging? Dont they make CD's in plastic cases anymore?

I picked up three new CDs last week, and all three of them were in the non-jewel case format. I prefer the jewel case as well, I must say.

Or at least make the cardboard packaging stiff enough that it sits well on the shelf, and that the spine stays in line with the rest of the jewel cases, and doesn't sneak off to the side so I can't tell what CD it is. Grrr...

And with the thinness of Viva La Vida and its long title you'd never be able to read it anyway.

That African-style guitar on "Strawberry Swing" is one of the best sounds on the album. That song is my favorite on the album -- such a chilled out, happy, awesome summer jam.

I agree. that the track I'm diggin' right now

I havent actually bought a CD in so long I thought it was a single or something, by the packaging. Oh well.

Target :drool:

But what's up with the cheap ass packaging? Dont they make CD's in plastic cases anymore?

Move to eastern Canada! There's a whole rack of jewel-cased Viva La Vidas at my local Wal-Mart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom