Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Folk Guitar Hero: Dylan Edition. That would own... and you'd have to try and sing-along.

That would be so incredible, and probably the most challenging game ever. I saw him a few weeks ago...I gave up on the lyrics and just tried to absorb his coolness--it just bounced back and made him even cooler. :angry:

Can't believe I resisted listening to it before it was released and only listened once I picked it up today.
Cemeteries of London & Lost are my faves thus far :drool:

Listened to the entire album today...Lost! is especially great. I'm surprised with the cohesiveness of the album. Definite Arcade Fire inspirations, and even Echo & the Bunnymen on one track. That's a good thing.

Setlist from last night's London gig:

'Life In Technicolor'
'Violet Hill'
'Clocks'
'In My Place'
'Viva La Vida'
'Chinese Sleep Chant'
'God Put A Smile Upon Your Face'
'42'
'Square One'
'Trouble'
'Lost!'
'Strawberry Swing'
'Yellow'
'If I Should Fall From Grace With God'
'Fix You'
'Lovers In Japan'

I'm still waiting for Rob33 to acknowledge he fucked that one up big time. :D

:lol: hahaha yeah he addressed pretty much everything else in the last thread and conveniently missed that one out!

Anyway, the whole Life In Technicolor/Streets argument is a whole heap of crap that doesn't deserve attention in my opinion.
What makes it a rip-off of Streets or City Of Blinding Lights? I'm genuinely very curious because anything that has atmospheric intros or uplifting riffs or something is just going to be put down by almost over-protective over-excited U2 fans with a very close-minded view of a band's new album simply because of previous U2 comparisons.

PLUS - see that setlist for monday?!? The DRUMMER sang the lead on that song 'If I Should Fall From Grace With God'!!! a fucking POGUES SONG!!!! OMG!!!!!!11 sound familiar, that guy totally wants to be Larry Mullen!!!!!! WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Setlist from last night's London gig:

'Life In Technicolor'
'Violet Hill'
'Clocks'
'In My Place'
'Viva La Vida'
'Chinese Sleep Chant'
'God Put A Smile Upon Your Face'
'42'
'Square One'
'Trouble'
'Lost!'
'Strawberry Swing'
'Yellow'
'If I Should Fall From Grace With God'
'Fix You'
'Lovers In Japan'

That's a great set.

i hear 'Chinese Sleep Chant' got a muted response...shame considering it's like the best thing on the album :(

I still can't get into "Yes," but that's okay.

The title track, "Life in Technicolor" (I can hear the Low similarities now), "Death and All His Friends," and "Lovers in Japan / Reign of Love" are the real winners here.

When "Yes" started off, I thought "oh, this is going to be the one song on the album I don't like". But then that second half started off, and it was great. So I liked half of it! :wink:

I love "Life in Technicolor," but wish it was longer. It's gorgeous.

I think in the context of the album, "Violet Hill" even sounds better than it does on its own.

I think this is one CD worth having.

I like the packaging, too.

I don't. I was already sick of the cheap paper packaging trend, I don't know what the hell is up with the extra insert thing twist this album put on said trend. Anyway, jewel cases need to stop disappearing.

I don't. I was already sick of the cheap paper packaging trend, I don't know what the hell is up with the extra insert thing twist this album put on said trend. Anyway, jewel cases need to stop disappearing.

Man, you are one grumpy mofo today! :lol:

Haha, not really. My anger (more light-hearted than it came off I guess) stems from trying to drive and take the CD out of that bizarre paper labyrinth at the same time :wink:

there are torrents about from what I can tell, i haven't seen any direct links yet...

this sounds like a job for xavi or impy....

It's out there in the blogs, too.

Here are some links that I found.

Part 1 - http://rapid share.com/files/123264033/2008-06-16_-_Brixton_Academy_FM_01.rar

Part 2 - http://rapid share.com/files/123265348/2008-06-16_-_Brixton_Academy_FM_02.rar

As always, remove the space.

ETA: Click on the link first, which will open in a new window and tell you that the page is not found, and then put rapid share together as one word.

Is it like In Rainbows? Cus that one is a royal pain in the ass when you're driving... :down:

I can't say as I only have the download of IR, but its like a lot of recent paper cases where the CD slides out of one of the creases, but there's a surprise inside! Its then in another envelope like thing...I'll probably ditch it and just have it in the crease like R.E.M.'s Accelerate and MMJ's Evil Urges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom