Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So as far as I can tell, we still need a good quality version of Life In Technicolor. But apart from that, I'm wondering if the versions of Viva La Vida and Violet Hill that we have are any different to what will ultimately appear on the album. I'm hearing that supposedly Viva segues into Violet Hill, which I can easily see.

The original leaker really didn't know what they were doing. He did the songs one by one and didn't bother with Technicolor because he got confused between that and the bonus track attached to Death And All His Friends. And then, because Viva and VH are already out, he didn't bother uploading the album versions of those, either (I'm not sure if there's any difference, though - other than the potential segue).

Why he didn't just do one zip or rar file of the whole thing is perplexing, to say the least.

So as far as I can tell, we still need a good quality version of Life In Technicolor. But apart from that, I'm wondering if the versions of Viva La Vida and Violet Hill that we have are any different to what will ultimately appear on the album. I'm hearing that supposedly Viva segues into Violet Hill, which I can easily see.

The original leaker really didn't know what they were doing. He did the songs one by one and didn't bother with Technicolor because he got confused between that and the bonus track attached to Death And All His Friends. And then, because Viva and VH are already out, he didn't bother uploading the album versions of those, either (I'm not sure if there's any difference, though - other than the potential segue).

Why he didn't just do one zip or rar file of the whole thing is perplexing, to say the least.

Justin Timberlake fans :tsk:

How do these things leak anyway? Where does the first person find the files???

It's usually leaked by someone who either works for the label, or has provided a promo copy to somebody else (the most likely scenario). When I worked at a record store, I used to get promos of things weeks before they came out.

i like Strawberry Swing so much that I just sent it to my DJ to play during dinner tomorrow night at my wedding, lol.

thanks! :) that's the nice part about being the groom, i get to pick the dinner music!

Ok so what's the best song off this and does anyone want to send it to me so I can see what all the fuss is about :tsk: :wink:

Ok so what's the best song off this and does anyone want to send it to me so I can see what all the fuss is about :tsk: :wink:

What are you talking about? There's always a fuss here when it comes to Coldplay. :lol:

What will happen in EYKIW when they find out that this album is excellent? They're all gonna freak out that it's the end of U2 or something and pan it.

This one guy on rateyourmusic said this album will bury U2.

Imma scurred.

lol. i wonder if he based his opinion on the beach clip. maybe he thought U2 was going experimental by mixing cars and wind noises over their music.

lol. i wonder if he based his opinion on the beach clip. maybe he thought U2 was going experimental by mixing cars and wind noises over their music.

He probably is basing his opinion on a record U2 made 4 years ago.

Makes as much sense as basing your entire opinion of Coldplay on X&Y.

This one guy on rateyourmusic said this album will bury U2.

Imma scurred.

I guarantee good albums such as Viva la Vida are only going to push U2 higher. And I'm not saying that as a biased, long-time U2 fan. Years ago U2 claimed to be the best/biggest band in the world and they urged others to compete and quit shying away from success. Well, Coldplay is a contender. U2 is effing Muhammad Ali though.

I guarantee good albums such as Viva la Vida are only going to push U2 higher. And I'm not saying that as a biased, long-time U2 fan. Years ago U2 claimed to be the best/biggest band in the world and they urged others to compete and quit shying away from success. Well, Coldplay is a contender. U2 is effing Muhammad Ali though.

That's really optimistic thinking. I hope you are right. I just have my doubts.

Very true. U2 has never been one to roll over in the face of competition, and now is their chance to really step it up. If Eno brings his A game, we're going to have a classic on our hands.

Yes is the best.

And I will send you a link.

Thanks. I think its ok. Though I prefer more fast/upbeat/catchy songs :reject: Yes I know, very cliche. Is there one like that ? I dont want to admit I liked the ipod commercial song, but yeah..

That's really optimistic thinking. I hope you are right. I just have my doubts.

Ha, not really. Most of us are really digging Viva, but I think you're the only one who's claimed it's one of the best of the decade. :wink: U2 will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom