Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #256
Refugee
 
Rafiennes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 1,062
Local Time: 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootlesque View Post
Agreed! It's awesome but not better than Rush. Unless listening to an official copy when it comes out will change that.
I thought the same thing.
Yesterday afternoon.
But after listening to this thing about 12 times now i have to say that there are a couple of songs on Rush I could skip over -- on this one, not a single track leaves me feeling that way.
It's a fantastic album --and it is just that, an album with a definite begining, middle and end.
Well done, boys and Master Eno...well done.
__________________

__________________
Rafiennes is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #257
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,289
Local Time: 01:10 PM
The album is now streaming over at this website:

IHeartMusic.com

For all the people who have a moral and legal compass and don't want to be locked up in jail for pirating music!!!
__________________

__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #258
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
The album is now streaming over at this website:

IHeartMusic.com

For all the people who have a moral and legal compass and don't want to be locked up in jail for pirating music!!!
Apparently only Americans get this

Do they have a "full version" of LIT and if so, how does it sound?
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #259
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,289
Local Time: 01:10 PM
Yes, they have the full versions of each song.

It sounds the same as the version we already have but a little cleaner and crisper.

I've been listening through the stream and I'm on 42 right now, and this song is a goodie!!!

"You thought you might be a ghost! You didn't get to heaven but you made it close!"

That goofball Martin...what will he come up with next?
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 12:27 PM   #260
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
It sounds the same as the version we already have but a little cleaner and crisper.
wow... really? huh... well, that one seems a little odd to me then, I like it but I was anticipating more... like vocals and stuff.

They have always been very good at picking the right track to start the album in the past...
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #261
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,289
Local Time: 01:10 PM
I read somewhere that they had recorded a version of Life in Technicolor with vocals, and a friend of the band told them that it was too "typical Coldplay" so they stuck with the instrumental.

I think that is a testament to how consciously they tried to run away from their past on this album.

I'm thinking, though, that I would like to hear that version of LIT with vocals.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #262
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,810
Local Time: 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
Apparently only Americans get this

Do they have a "full version" of LIT and if so, how does it sound?
Yeah.....we don't. It doesn't work at all.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #263
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
I read somewhere that they had recorded a version of Life in Technicolor with vocals, and a friend of the band told them that it was too "typical Coldplay" so they stuck with the instrumental.

I think that is a testament to how consciously they tried to run away from their past on this album.

I'm thinking, though, that I would like to hear that version of LIT with vocals.
interesting... I would have liked to see Cemeteries Of London as the first track.
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 12:40 PM   #264
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,289
Local Time: 01:10 PM
It's not workin for you LM?!? I'm listening to the stream as I type this sentence...

Damn.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #265
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,810
Local Time: 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
It's not workin for you LM?!? I'm listening to the stream as I type this sentence...

Damn.
No, it says that "the media is not available".

And I downloaded an activeX plugin and everything.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #266
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,289
Local Time: 01:10 PM
Shit, that sucks. My bad.

I wonder if they disabled the stream or somethin and I just was early enough to get it.

Also, my enjoyment of this album increases with every listen. My top three tracks right now are probably 42, Yes/Chinese Sleep Chant, and Viva La Vida.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 12:56 PM   #267
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,810
Local Time: 11:10 AM
Viva La Vida really should have been the first single. Horrific move releasing Violet Hill first. At some point, they really should release Lost! and Lovers In Japan as singles, which would make the list:

1. Violet Hill
2. Viva La Vida
3. Lost!
4. Lovers In Japan

Which certainly kicks the shit out of X&Y's single releases:

1. Speed Of Sound
2. Fix You
3. Talk
4. The Hardest Part (limited)
5. What If (limited)
6. White Shadows (Mexico only)

A part of me still thinks this album will fail to sell 10 million in spite of its quality, but I hope I'm wrong. They deserve it.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #268
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 03:10 PM
BTW Jonny sounds amazing in Chinese sleep chant

__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #269
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Viva La Vida really should have been the first single. Horrific move releasing Violet Hill first. At some point, they really should release Lost! and Lovers In Japan as singles, which would make the list:

1. Violet Hill
2. Viva La Vida
3. Lost!
4. Lovers In Japan

Which certainly kicks the shit out of X&Y's single releases:

1. Speed Of Sound
2. Fix You
3. Talk
4. The Hardest Part (limited)
5. What If (limited)
6. White Shadows (Mexico only)

A part of me still thinks this album will fail to sell 10 million in spite of its quality, but I hope I'm wrong. They deserve it.
I think it's going to be a huge success. Most of their fans are in our age group and a great deal of them still enjoyed X&Y. Violet Hill and its video got a lot of airplay on the usual channels and Viva la Vida's on that iTunes commercial and is the top-selling song on there right now.

I'd like to see 42 and Lost! as singles, they're probably the most single-worthy songs of the rest of the lot.

What If's almost as terrible as Fix You, yet no one talks about that one.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 01:03 PM   #270
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,062
Local Time: 02:10 PM
Viva La Vida is #3 on the Billboard Hot 100.

That's very impressive when you consider the shit that occupies the charts most of the time nowadays.
__________________

__________________
phanan is offline  
 

Tags
coldplay, viva la vida

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com