Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So me and a buddy have this tradition of, whenever a new album comes out by a band that we like, we take a shot of vodka for each song while we listen to it, and we jump around and sing the words and embrace the fresh music landscapes.

You had 10 shots of vodka in one sitting? :yikes:

I feel like every like that comes out of chris martin these days is retarded. Rush of Blood is way better than this album.

I'm still not a huge fan of Chris Martin's voice (at least the overused falsetto is missing here which is good) but I think this album definitely delivers! Starting from the opening instrumental, Coldplay don't sound tired but really rejuvenated! :love:

There is definitely an Arcade Fire vibe to parts of this album. Primary example: Chinese Sleep Chant.

No wonder B&C loves it. ;)

So me and a buddy have this tradition of, whenever a new album comes out by a band that we like, we take a shot of vodka for each song while we listen to it, and we jump around and sing the words and embrace the fresh music landscapes.

Coldplay? Delivered the goods? YES, yes they did.

Do you do anything sober? You go to movies drunk or high (not sure how you choose which film fits with which substance), you listen to music drunk...there's no way you go to Sox games sober because this is Chicago, so, like......maybe for work, you show up sober? :)

There is definitely an Arcade Fire vibe to parts of this album. Primary example: Chinese Sleep Chant.

When I watched the live Viva La Vida, it even looked like Arcade Fire performing with the drums up front, etc. I definitely picked up some AF influences even in that song - similar key and singing style, strings, percussion, etc.

btw - the entire album (I think) was added to youtube on 6/4. I think someone will post future leaks up on youtube as well (for U2, etc).

And Lovers In Japan sounds like AF's Keep the Car Running + Tunnels. :lol: they should pay royalties to AF.

Do you do anything sober? You go to movies drunk or high (not sure how you choose which film fits with which substance), you listen to music drunk...there's no way you go to Sox games sober because this is Chicago, so, like......maybe for work, you show up sober? :)

I go to work sober, yes. I have been prone to go to work hungover, though. I'm sure we've all done that. Maybe?

But yeah I can't remember the last Sox game I attended that didn't end in me getting rip-roaring drunk. :drunk: :dance:

You had 10 shots of vodka in one sitting? :yikes:

Yes. Followed by two games of beer pong. (I passed out early and didn't make it to the bar :reject:)

GAF, you are an alcoholic.

200px-Pearl_landlord.jpg

Now imagine AF working with Eno, then they might be able to reign in what annoys me about them and distill the great things about them into some killer tracks. I know its blasphemy in this forum to not worship them but I just find certain things about them horribly grating...but then they try and win me back with awesome tracks like Keep the Car Running, love/hate for sure, but they're not the most amazing thing going as most here seem to agree.

Now imagine AF working with Eno, then they might be able to reign in what annoys me about them and distill the great things about them into some killer tracks. I know its blasphemy in this forum to not worship them but I just find certain things about them horribly grating...but then they try and win me back with awesome tracks like Keep the Car Running, love/hate for sure, but they're not the most amazing thing going as most here seem to agree.
I might be one of the few to agree with you.

I am just saying that this was the first album that they worked with Eno, and Eno most likely was just getting to know them as musicians and people and what they are interested in. If they stay with Eno the next album should be even better.

You should really consider doing that with bong rips instead of shots

I am just saying that this was the first album that they worked with Eno, and Eno most likely was just getting to know them as musicians and people and what they are interested in. If they stay with Eno the next album should be even better.

According to Chris its pretty much already done and to be expected at the end of 2009 'to wrap up this decade'.

Oasis? No way.

I liked Violet Hill - the single - when it first leaked/came out, but now I think it's one of the weaker songs on the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom