Coldplay Tops List Of "Bands Who Can Helps You Sleep"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
rejoice, people...

source: 411mania.com

Coldplay Tops List Of "Bands Who Can Helps You Sleep"
Posted by Mitch Michaels on 04.08.2008

Hotel chain conducts survey to find who puts people to sleep...

-

A British survey from hotel chain Travelodge has shown that Coldplay is the music of choice for people trying to get to sleep.

The band topped a poll asking over 2,000 people which music they used to help them sleep. James Blunt, Snow Patrol, Take That and Norah Jones made up the top five.

Travelodge said: "The research shows that we are increasingly relying on slow, sleepy music and unchallenging books to take our minds off the pressures of modern living, to help us switch off and get to sleep at night. Coldplay seem to hit just the right spot among Britain's insomniacs."

The study showed that 87% of those questioned no longer used the traditional method of counting sheep. Women got to sleep by running through tasks they needed to do the next day, while men favored counting their money as they drifted off.

Credit: Music-News.com

my question is... where does Radiohead and U2 got on this list?

But, wait...I'm listening to Coldplay right now and I haven't fallen asleep yet.

Look, the first verse just started and I'm still wide awake -

"In my place, in my place, were lines that I couldn't cha

What's with the bad lolcat impression in the title?

Coldplay is boring though. This is fact.

I use music to help me get to sleep a lot and find what I sleep best to is music I like. I can sleep equally well to loud assertive music as I can soft, mellow music as long as I like it and feel like listening to it that particular night.

Is this meant to be an insult to the band? Is it meant to say they're boring? Well if that's it, I must think OK Computer is one of the most boring albums of all time :wink:

Sigur Ros is my number one band to sleep to......I'm an insomniac so I mean that as the greatest compliment

what about bands that help you STAY asleep? that's my problem
down.gif

What's wrong with Coldplay sending you into Dreamland? I use U2's Unforgettable Fire to sometimes help me sleep, it soothes me. Doesn't mean I find U2 boring or UF a crap album. I might try listening to Coldplay next time I'm unable to sleep, see what happens

It's not like hearing the Coldplay songs makes one want to die or disappear or destroy the radio.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Gin Blossoms?

Brilliant. In fact, just the the other day I read a review for REM's Accelerate, and it compared Hollow Man to a Gin Blossoms style tune.

pepokiss said:
Women got to sleep by running through tasks they needed to do the next day, while men favored counting their money as they drifted off.

That's actually the funny part right there.

I generally can't fall asleep to music except on airplanes. Music is too stimulating for me. I need to either actively listen to it, or if I hate it, remove it from my presence.

Or put me in an audience at the symphony and I'm out in like 7 minutes. That's what my parents listened to when I was in the womb and I cannot keep my eyes open when I hear it.

Re: Re: Coldplay Tops List Of "Bands Who Can Helps You Sleep"

joyfulgirl said:

I generally can't fall asleep to music except on airplanes. Music is too stimulating for me. I need to either actively listen to it, or if I hate it, remove it from my presence.

I've got the same problem.

A good percentage of my entire collection (so much that I couldn't even begin to come up with a list of just a few good song examples of relaxing songs for UF's thread) is extremely "dreamy", "chill", "relaxing" type music, and it's rare that I can even get sleepy listening to any of it.

intedomine said:
What's wrong with Coldplay sending you into Dreamland? I use U2's Unforgettable Fire to sometimes help me sleep, it soothes me. Doesn't mean I find U2 boring or UF a crap album. I might try listening to Coldplay next time I'm unable to sleep, see what happens

It's not like hearing the Coldplay songs makes one want to die or disappear or destroy the radio.

I often use your posts to help me fall asleep. I sleep well when I feel like I'm the smartest guy around.

intedomine said:

Brilliant. In fact, just the the other day I read a review for REM's Accelerate, and it compared Hollow Man to a Gin Blossoms style tune.

Which one of the two?

Re: Re: Coldplay Tops List Of "Bands Who Can Helps You Sleep"

joyfulgirl said:
I generally can't fall asleep to music except on airplanes. Music is too stimulating for me.

I'm the same. I can half-listen to music while doing something else, and I can listen to it for relaxation, but I can't go to sleep with music in the background.

Dalton said:

I often use your posts to help me fall asleep. I sleep well when I feel like I'm the smartest guy around.

Dickhead....what makes you so smart as opposed to me?

Coldplay >>>> Dalton

Damien Rice is a great one to go asleep to. And I mean that in the kindest of ways! He's one of my favourite artists.
Same with After the Goldrush.

Back
Top Bottom