Coldplay - Speed of Sound Links?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great song :up:

Just bought a legal download from Coldplay.com !! First time ever :lol:

i heard it last night. i like it. it's definately going to be a grower that i'll come to love with more and more listens. it was the same thing with in my place.

can't wait to hear the whole album :hyper:

This song is absolutely beautiful. I had tears in my eyes the first time I listened. :love:

it's a grower - heard it on Sirius today a couple of times - just downloaded from iTunes - just beautiful

hxxp://rapidshare.de/files/1343405/Coldplay_-_Speed_of_Sound. .html

ok, just replace those "xx" for "tt" and type "mp3" betwen the two dots at the end

Last edited:
It's grown on me. That being said, it's going to get nailed for being just what you'd expect from Coldplay.....not that that's really a bad thing.

When Coldplay released "In My Place", it was the oldest song from the Rush of Blood sessions. That means it was the most Parachutes-y of all the tracks.

Chris has said that Clocks was the newest song from the Rush of Blood sessions and that it was better suited for the third album. Meaning the progression from their sound on RoB to X&Y would begin with something like clocks.

Now comes Speed of Sound, a song introducing us to the X&Y era and that many people are comparing to Clocks. This song is not a representation of the entire album. The difference between "In My Place" and "Clocks" is the kind of difference we can expect from one song to the next on X&Y.

Basically what I'm getting at is if anyone thinks this is "just what you'd expect from Coldplay", go pick up X&Y in June and get blown away.

inmyplace13 said:

Basically what I'm getting at is if anyone thinks this is "just what you'd expect from Coldplay", go pick up X&Y in June and get blown away.

In no way did my statement mean that I wouldnt be getting the album. I'll be getting it the day it comes out, like I do with any album that suits my fancy. That being said, 'Speed of Sound' probably could have fit most anywhere on their last album. Do I care? Not at all. Am I going to be sick of hearing people complain about the fact that it's "nothing new", etc? Definitely.

I personally am of the opinion that virtually no bands ever really make anything drastically different. If it was too different, you wouldnt like it. Most every first single is going to be some fun song that makes you want to get the album no matter who you are, that's how record companies think. Enter 'Speed of Sound'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom