Coldplay Quit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Down Under

Refugee
From the English trash paper "Mirror"

16 February 2006
COLDPLAY QUIT
By Jenny McQuaile
COLDPLAY are splitting up, they revealed last night.

Singer Chris Martin dropped the bombshell at the Brits - as they won awards for best single and best album.

The star, hinting the break would be temporary, said as he picked up the second gong: "This means so much to us, especially now. It's going to be a few years before you see us again."

And Chris, 28, added: "People are fed up with us - and so are we."

Mates say he is breaking up the band, famed for worldwide hits Yellow and Speed of Sound, to spend more time with wife Gwyneth Paltrow - expecting their second baby in April. The singer later told Brits host Chris Evans, who had a self-imposed TV exile: "You had a break, so are we."

The four-piece group met at university in London in 1997 and landed a record deal two years later. They have recorded three award-winning albums: Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the Head and X&Y.

But recently there have been rumours that the three other members are unhappy at Chris attracting all the attention.

:lol:

Can't help but have pity with those tabloid journalists. Every time they have to make their stories sooooooo 'interesting' to keep their readership.

Maybe those 'journalists' should go away and dream it all up again. :)

(as for Coldplay, I think the line 'go away and dream it all up again' should say enough)

:D

Yeah, now Chris Martin can be like Celine Dion. He'll be stop playing for 2, makes an artificial insemination and have a baby called Banana.
Then Coldplay comes back with an album which they prepared with posters of Queen in the wall, and they will fight against them.:wink: the album will be called "A,B&C: A run of parachutes landing in your head"

so is the world of music that we live in today...

new bands simply have no time to develop on their own naturally anymore... how soon we forget that The Joshua Tree was U2's 5th album. now a days, if a band doesn't release a perfect album on their second or third try, they're hailed as a disapointment.

i hope this is only a temporary thing that the tabloids are making into more than what it really is.

You know, I hope this is true. After hearing "X & Y" I almost feel they do need some time off to find out where they see the band going.

i kinda hope it's true as well. their performance at the grammy's was pretty horrible. chris martin was trying so hard to be dramatic--it was embarrassing.

and this is coming from someone who likes coldplay.

if that is the truth i thank my lord jesus.
but i fear they dream it all up...:sexywink:
coldplay are just useless fluffybunnies :down:

They are not quitting. Chris' comments could mean anything or nothing. The Mirror claiming that is like the National Enquirer saying U2 had split up.

But hey, it is another chance for all you whiners to complain about Coldplay once again. Doesn't that ever get old?

HelloAngel said:
You know, I hope this is true. After hearing "X & Y" I almost feel they do need some time off to find out where they see the band going.

100% agreed.Parachutes is timeless,A Rush Of Blood......was an album that I could not stop playing.That was 2003 & with no new U2 tunes available,I suppose it was a second rate substitute.X & Y I played once and that was it.That was 2005 & U2 were back in town so see you later Coldplay!

Chris Martin's performance at the Grammy's this year was cringeworthy (copying Bono from 2001?),he was out of breath with all his prancing around and sounded so out of tune.

To coin a phrase we use in the UK......he's up his own arse.

His missus is fit though..........

"It's going to be a few years before you see us again."

Okay, place your bets, everyone! I predict that Coldplay's next album will feature Chris Martin in leather pants, black hair, and oversized sunglasses. The rhythm section will discover dance beats, and Buckland will discover the Digitech Whammy pedal!

:hyper:

It sounds to me like they are just taking a hiatus, not breaking up.

I personally would be quite happy if Coldplay went away for good, though.

gmc said:

Chris Martin's performance at the Grammy's this year was cringeworthy (copying Bono from 2001?),he was out of breath with all his prancing around and sounded so out of tune.

YOU'RE cringeworthy.

people!!!!!! not everything is a copy of bono.

i'm gonna go take a great big shit in the toilet, i bet bono's done that already at least once today so i guess that makes me a bono clone too, eh?

Zoomerang96 said:

YOU'RE cringeworthy.

i'm gonna go take a great big shit in the toilet, i bet bono's done that already at least once today so i guess that makes me a bono clone too, eh?

Haven't you heard?
Coldplay IS the next U2.
So much so that people over analyze everything they do and claim it as a copy of U2.

Zoomerang96 said:

YOU'RE cringeworthy.

Post Of The Year

just wait till december. it'll hold up.

I used to like them when they first came out. I dunno…they just seem tired and boring before their time now. I’m not surprised by the speculation, especially after the Grammy performance--there was something very off about it. :crazy:

I only like a couple songs Coldplay have done, I don't really care too much for them. I also don't care much for tabloid publications, they give journalism a bad name. If anything perhaps Martin's comments meant they are taking a haitus or will be recording again or are going on vacation again. He may need some time to clear his head and think of another *unique* name for the new baby. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom