Coldplay - LP 6: Ghost Stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does sound an awful lot like Bon Iver. It surprised me even though I had read the description beforehand.

What the fuck was that? I mean... I liked it, but that was definitely not what I was hoping for out of them.

Also, didn't dig too hard on the bridge, I wish it had been better incorporated into the song. It felt like this big moment that was going somewhere kinda epic and then it just fell back into the beginning.

I really like this. They didn't have too many understated songs in their past two albums, so I dig this direction.

I did not enjoy that at all.

h0pikqR.gif

I like this a lot. I'll be curious to see if this is indicative of the album, or if it's more like a Violet Hill (i.e., first thing we hear from the album, but nothing else really sounds like it).

Just when you thought Chris Martin couldn't be any more of a pretentious twat..

What exactly is pretentious about this? That it dares to step outside their comfort zone? The level of vitriol directed at Chris Martin around Interference as a whole is laughably hyperbolic.

Must say I found that very boring,hopefully the rest of the album is nothing like that.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using U2 Interference mobile app

What exactly is pretentious about this? That it dares to step outside their comfort zone? The level of vitriol directed at Chris Martin around Interference as a whole is laughably hyperbolic.

This. I do wonder to what extent the anti-Coldplay vitriol is repressed angst towards U2's own failings in this regard. It's really annoying.

Yeah, even if there isn't a single original note in the song, at least it isn't Mylo Xyloto.

I don't even know what pretentious means anymore.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 because the Nexus 5 just wasn't big enough.

There's nothing pretentious about Chris Martin. He's a hyperearnest dork, unabashedly so. You can rightfully criticize the dude for a ton of shit, and you can just flat out not like their music. That's fine. But calling him pretentious is so laughably off base.

Given that our perception of the presence (or absence) of pretension is highly subjective, it's rather difficult to decree absolutes in whether something is or isn't pretentious, I would think.

My comment is rather pretentious though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom