Coldplay - LP 6: Ghost Stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Martin must be the worst lyricist ever. Just a horrible string of cliches in almost every song. The music is not offensive but his lyrics ruins it for me.

He makes Bono look like Bob Dylan

Am I crazy for thinking the sound on Magic is more similar to MX than Midnight? I'm liking this, actually, but it sounds safe, not like the bold reinvention Midnight had implied. I'm getting a Up In Flames vibe, but more refined.

Did Coldplay just discover indie music or something? First we had the Bon Iver track and now this song sounds like it came right out of a The XX instrumentals collection.

And doesn't Magic have the same repeating chorus as Muse's Madness but with a little more Disney and a little less super massive black hole?

You guys are both hilarious.

But I can't tell 212, were you just telling me how much you think U2 and Coldplay sound alike?

U2 hasn't been a particularly accurate comparison for Coldplay since X&Y. Eno actually made them sound LESS like U2, which I thought was pretty impressive on his part.

Wouldn't be surprised if this trumped the last album and became their best (in my opinion). I agreed with that Pitchfork review of Mylo that they'll never put out a great album but are becoming a better band, more creatively daring and no adult contemporary pablum padding out the run times of their recent albums.

Coldplay threads do bring out a special kind of batshit crazy around these parts.

I still haven't given a crap about the band since a rush of blood. :shrug:

I think it's time we moved on from this has-been band whose prime is 20 years gone now and discuss how this new Coldplay song compares to DJ Dog Dick.

You said that. It's not a big deal that people compare two similar bands.

Yeah, after you brought up U2...not me. I couldn't give less of a shut about U2 in comparison to Coldplay. I was talking about the rather interesting use of inspiration in the first two singles so far. It's not very Coldplay like and I find it curious.

Your response to that was to mention U2. My response was that I didn't feel the need to compare the two. You then asked me if I thought Coldplay sounded like U2, to which I said no.... At what point did I apparently begin caring so much about this topic?

47875cdb6635d367992e8a975bdc3f57ea361c24bded2178310eab6c7a110561.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom