Coldplay - LP 6: Ghost Stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I thought I'd go back and give Mylo another chance this morning just because I dig the new song.

Nope. Still awful. There's that one song (track 5 I think) that sounds like it could have been on Parachutes. Otherwise, it's a stinker.

It's not exactly the type of album that reveals its unique charms and intricacies years down the line.

And it sucked from day 1, so that's no good.

I actually don't mind it but I will admit it is proabaly their weakest album to date.

1. Rush Of Blood
2. Parachutes
3. Viva La Vida
4. X&Y
5. Mylo

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion any whatnot, but I fail to see how any ranking but this could be correct.

Anger!!!! Coldplay!!!! Serious business!!!! Chemtrails are controlling our brains and making us like Chris Martin!!!!! DJ Dog Dick!!!!! It was all yellow!!!!! Come on skinny love, just last the year!!!

Shout "DJ Dog Dick" in a crowded street, musket in hand.

Viva La Vida
Rush of Blood

X&Y (Square One, White Shadows, Talk, Low, A Message, X&Y are all fantastic)
Parachutes

Mylo Xyloto

I'm not gonna jump into the Haim thread if I don't know who they are. Or should I?

I'm not going to comment on the rest of this asinine discussion, but please, do jump into the HAIM thread. They're amazing and you should learn to know who they are.

Honestly, everyone should open every thread of a band they're unfamiliar with. Or else, how will your musical horizons expand? If you check out a song and don't like it, that's fine, but at least you tried, you know?

I'm not going to comment on the rest of this asinine discussion, but please, do jump into the HAIM thread. They're amazing and you should learn to know who they are.

Honestly, everyone should open every thread of a band they're unfamiliar with. Or else, how will your musical horizons expand? If you check out a song and don't like it, that's fine, but at least you tried, you know?

But the threads here are not the be all and end all of expanding musical horizons. Discovery can happen through a myriad of ways, not just by clicking random threads in a forum.

This forum for me primarily represents an opportunity to read other people's views on the music that I already know, and not so much an opportunity to discover new music (but if that happens, let it be so).

I get some recommendations from the Random Music thread, but my favorite place to find new music is the reviews in Q magazine.

I have found loads of albums I really like through them.

This forum is easily my number one place for new discoveries. Makes all of the bloody antics from you all worth it. :wink:

But the threads here are not the be all and end all of expanding musical horizons. Discovery can happen through a myriad of ways, not just by clicking random threads in a forum.

This forum for me primarily represents an opportunity to read other people's views on the music that I already know, and not so much an opportunity to discover new music (but if that happens, let it be so).

Oh. Ok.

Check out the iTunes Store - pre-order new album 'Ghost Stories' out on May 19th, download new single 'Magic'. :hyper:

Not hard, is it?

Great news.

Ghost-Stories.jpg

01 “Always In My Head”
02 “Magic”
03 “Ink”
04 “True Love”
05 “Midnight”
06 “Another’s Arms”
07 “Oceans”
08 “A Sky Full Of Stars”
09 “O”

My initial reaction to 'Magic' - really liking it, typical Coldplay catchiness. Interesting that it's not as anthemic (in my opinion) as some of the other hit singles they've put out in the past decade. :dance:

Quality wise, got what I expected from Magic. It's okay, a bit better than Midnight.

Just heard Midnight for the first time. I am intrigued. I think I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom