Coldplay--Love or Hate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
inmyplace13 said:
Explain to me how Clocks rips off UF, U2Kitten. I'm not being an asshole, I just want to know how you figure.

Well it's a BAD ripoff, because the tune to Clocks is not as melodic, very monotone, and they lyrics are very lame. What I'm talking about is the general mood of the music and the tingly sounds, they sound very much like the song UF, first couple times I caught a few notes on the radio I thought, oh cool, they're playing UF on the radio, that's something you don't hear often! I was tricked, and disappointed to hear it kick into the whiney, unbearable monotone of Chris Martin. It sounds like it's also trying to capture the dreamy, misty feel of UF.

To the person who gave me the shame finger, hey, I have given up bashing them in Coldplay threads, but this one SPECIFICALLY ASKED if we loved or HATED them, so I thought it was okay to answer honestly!

Angelordevil: :up: :laugh:

COLDPLAY ARE SHIT!!!

ANYWAYS WHY IS IT ACCEPTABLE ABLE YOU LOT POSTING ABOUT COLDPLAY THIS MUST BE LIKE THE 6TH THREAD IF WE ARE ALL GONNA BE PATHETIC AND MOAN ABOUT TOPICS POSTED ON HERE!

USE THE FECKING INDEX AS U LOT KEEP TELLING ME!

Kate1 said:
COLDPLAY ARE SHIT!!!

ANYWAYS WHY IS IT ACCEPTABLE ABLE YOU LOT POSTING ABOUT COLDPLAY THIS MUST BE LIKE THE 6TH THREAD IF WE ARE ALL GONNA BE PATHETIC AND MOAN ABOUT TOPICS POSTED ON HERE!

USE THE FECKING INDEX AS U LOT KEEP TELLING ME!

For goodness' sake, calm down and hit the caps lock key!

OK, I know it's a bit cheap

Hi,

Just trying to get somefeedback on my music...

Thanks,

A.

[no spamming please]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Just trying to avoid your self-promoting spam serving.

Thanks,

imp13 :wave:

Coldplay are all class.

Better than most of the shite out there at the moment.

I've defended too many times on this forum so I can't be bothered doing it again, but most of their songs are awe inspiring and honest.

Last edited:
It was NOT spamming

Hi Inmyplace13,

You think it's spamming whenever someone pays (from his own pocket) the recording studio and the design of a website to get some coverage for his songs and makes them available for free. You fool...

A.

Clocks is definitley s ripoff though not of UF? I remember seeing them on MTV or something a few years back when "A rush of blood to the head" first came out and they admitted they ripped it off. Then they played the original song they had ripped off and it was identical. I'm pretty sure the guy that wrote the original helped them out with clocks. I just can't remember the name of the original song but i will get back to you. After hearing it it kind of put me off clocks and I haven't really enjoyed it since.

Re: It was NOT spamming

NoBand said:
Hi Inmyplace13,

You think it's spamming whenever someone pays (from his own pocket) the recording studio and the design of a website to get some coverage for his songs and makes them available for free. You fool...

A.

Please don't call other members names.

Re: It was NOT spamming

NoBand said:
Hi Inmyplace13,

A.

dancingspam.gif
:dancing:

Last edited:
I have to say that I bought "X&Y" (I had already the other 2 albums) and I must say that I fell in love with album.
Ok, I still think and see Coldplay as another pop band, more like U2 wannbees (most recently this fact became abusive!) but they have great songs and very good lyrics. And their tunes are very pleasant to listen and to catch. That's why I like them.

I don't like Coldplay as a live band - I never liked their live performances - and I don't like too their posture (commercial and as copying U2) but they sound very good in studio.

What makes me sad is their lack of originality (first with Radiohead, now U2:huh: ), the "X&Y" plagiarism (I recognized too much riffs, basslines and whatever), their lack of strenght live.

But I'm really getting into the band....

Aygo said:
I have to say that I bought "X&Y" (I had already the other 2 albums) and I must say that I fell in love with album.
Ok, I still think and see Coldplay as another pop band, more like U2 wannbees (most recently this fact became abusive!) but they have great songs and very good lyrics. And their tunes are very pleasant to listen and to catch. That's why I like them.

I don't like Coldplay as a live band - I never liked their live performances - and I don't like too their posture (commercial and as copying U2) but they sound very good in studio.

What makes me sad is their lack of originality (first with Radiohead, now U2:huh: ), the "X&Y" plagiarism (I recognized too much riffs, basslines and whatever), their lack of strenght live.

But I'm really getting into the band....

I admire your honesty...it's kinda like my relationship with Coke...I know it's ultra-bad for me, yet I still chug it like a frat boy out of control. :| (In time, you will drink nothing but green tea and listen to U2 all day long.) Thank you mysterious voice man, but I already do the last part!

too much caffeine!:ohmy:

I like Coldplay .......but I love U2!!! I think U2 is so much beeter they should not even be compared:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom