Coldplay live performance..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooper2000

The Fly
I just watched a live coldplay concert on TV, and it wasnt that great.. I mean, maybe it was just a small show or something, but from what I saw it wasnt what I expected. I was actually going to go to the show in bolton coming up, has anyone seen them in a large concert? Was it good?

One thing that did get under my skin tho, was.. ok they are on stage, singing like.. clocks I think it was (they actually did it for all songs, but this was the most intense) anyways, chris martin starts wrything (sp) around and it was just annoying. Like curled over the piano, like waving his head all over the place and going crazy like he was possesed.. you know when an artist is trying to get the point to the audience that they are 'really into the music' and it just gets out of hand haha.. its just wierd. I mean, maybe, MAYBE he wasnt putting it on somewhat, but still it just annoys me. There is a point in my opinion, when you go from passionate, to creepy. And its not like they have to get intense notes or anything that would require such a performance. Anyways, is it just me, or does anyone else find this kind of thing a tad bit much?

DONT get me wrong with this post, I really enjoy coldplays work, I like chris martain and all that jazz.... I was just commenting based on what I saw. Maybe this isnt what its usually like, any comments?

Last edited:
This forum is obsessed with Coldplay/hating colplay/writing hundereds of topics about coldplay...

Tarvark said:
This forum is obsessed with Coldplay/hating colplay/writing hundereds of topics about coldplay...

Coldplay hating? I clearly stated that they are my 2nd fav. band.

As for the obsessed forum.. I did not see any other coldplay posts on the first page.

So yea.. Im not sure where you are coming from.

*Edit.. This was posted in the 'Everything you know is wrong' thread, that is why I saw no coldplay threads.

Last edited:
this is coming from someone that doesn't really like coldplay that much. and definatley deosn't think they can be compared to u2.

i saw them in 2003 i think, i relucantly occumpanied my friend cuz he really liked them. but i must say the show was really good. it was an arena show, and although not anything like a u2 show, it was still pretty intense. people were lovin' it. and chris martin really does look passionate playing piano. for someone that is kinda limited to sitting in front of a pinao for most of the show- as opposed to bono who can jump around and really entertain- martin did still do a good job of holding the crowds attention. i was pretty impressed with the show. but again, nothing as a moving as a u2 show.

marik said:
this is coming from someone that doesn't really like coldplay that much. and definatley deosn't think they can be compared to u2.

Maybe I came out wrong.. I infact really do like coldplay, dont get me wrong. I was just commenting on chris martains stage antics. It bono did the same thing I would comment accordingly.

Or possibly you were referring to yourself? Lol I don't know.

Last edited:
Hi Cooper, I assume you're new to Interference. This particular forum, "Everything you know is wrong" is for general discussion of U2, "Bang and the Clatter" is for general discussion of bands, other than U2.

That's why there's no Coldplay posts here.

(I'm still trying to get a handle on this forum myself)

:waves:

Thrillme, yea.. I am new. I apologize. Is there any way to move the post without deleting it? Maybe I'll just re-post it there, and hope this one gets deleted.

Thanks again.

*Edit..

Looks like someone did it for me lol, thanks.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am not commenting on you or anything just making an statement about what the forums have been looking like for the past few weeks.

Tarvark said:
Yeah, I am not commenting on you or anything just making an statement about what the forums have been looking like for the past few weeks.

Someone make it stop. My patience is near the breaking point. :(

...When WalMart starts selling obscenity-filled CDs....

Wouldn't it be ironic if the first unedited WalMart CD turned out to be a very confessional and angry Coldplay album where they say words such as:

Dar*n
I* Ha*te Y*ou
You'*re Me*an

and the ever popular...

Fli*p?

I'd buy that. :wink:

Cooper2000 said:

chris martin starts wrything (sp) around and it was just annoying. Like curled over the piano, like waving his head all over the place and going crazy like he was possesed.. you know when an artist is trying to get the point to the audience that they are 'really into the music' and it just gets out of hand haha.. its just wierd. I mean, maybe, MAYBE he wasnt putting it on somewhat, but still it just annoys me.

Ever seen Thom Yorke Live?? :ohmy: (BTW: RADIOHEAD ROCKS THA HIZZY!)

Back
Top Bottom