Coldplay Live 2006 - DVD News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
I know some people were curious as to whether or not they would have a DVD coming out of this tour, and the official answer is finally yes. Via coldplay.com

The band has just announced plans to film their two sold-out shows in Toronto in March, for a forthcoming DVD.

The Sydney shows that were filmed for Live 2003 took place in July of that year, and the DVD came out in November. So if you take it as 4 months after the shows, we could expect the DVD as early as July.

inmyplace13 said:
I know some people were curious as to whether or not they would have a DVD coming out of this tour, and the official answer is finally yes. Via coldplay.com

The Sydney shows that were filmed for Live 2003 took place in July of that year, and the DVD came out in November. So if you take it as 4 months after the shows, we could expect the DVD as early as July.

:drool: yes, I loved their "live 2003" DVD

You know, the more I listen to Coldplay the more I think of Journey. Remember them? Good music - the cheesiest lyrics this side of Air Supply.

Coldplay better start singing about something beyond Tears Streaming Down Your Face or they will be better suited for 8th grade winter festivals titled Dance Beneath the Stars.

I'll be there on the march 22 show. YIPEE!!!! :hyper: :combust:

i love when this happens cause then i have an offical dvd of my particular show not just the tour i saw them on. surprisingly this will be the second dvd i'll be on...the first was a live sarah mclachlin dvd that was taped from her last tour 2 summers ago.

AEON said:
You know, the more I listen to Coldplay the more I think of Journey. Remember them? Good music - the cheesiest lyrics this side of Air Supply.

Coldplay better start singing about something beyond Tears Streaming Down Your Face or they will be better suited for 8th grade winter festivals titled Dance Beneath the Stars.

Haha wow! I never thought about the Journey - Coldplay similarities. In a way, because of the lyrics, but let's compare....

Keyboards
Journey >> Coldplay
Guitar
Journey >>>>> Coldplay
Vocals
Journey >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Coldplay

Weird, it's the 3rd pro-shot concert they have done in Toronto.

2002 Muchmusic TV studio
2005 KoolHaus HD broadcast on Muchmusic
2006 Upcoming DVD

Apparently the 2002 "Intimate and Interactive" airing got the least viewership of the muchmusic live music tv series(including acts only known in canada. It was 40,000 within Canada, and never reaired after that week(they usually milk the repeats) 40,000 was less than the amount of people that saw them in Canada in 2002-3.

I'm sure the KoolHaus did a great deal better, I still see it used as HD demonstration in Electronic stores selling new TV sets.

u2fp

i was at the kool haus gig and i did manage to tape it so i have that show as well. and i always see them playing it at rogers when i go there.

and even tho the I & I may have been poorly received i was there when they did MOD and it was quite crazy.

I love that I tag my threads with lemons so they're easy to find.

Anyway...

Bad news guys. I found out who the director for the DVD is.

Hamish "Quick-Cut" Hamilton. :mad:

Make sure you've got a friend along wearing a mask when you watch Live 2006, so that there's someone to help you when you have a seizure.

Back
Top Bottom