coldplay live 2003 appreciation day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
00-coldplay-live_2003-advance-2003-.jpg

:heart:

Coldplay at their absolute peak.

They're on the precipice of being the NEW Biggest Band in the World until they crap the bed with X&Y.

Seriously, they could've been absolutely massive EVERYWHERE if they would've followed this masterpiece up with a good album.

:rockon:

LemonMacPhisto said:

They're on the precipice of being the NEW Biggest Band in the World until they crap the bed with X&Y.

Seriously, they could've been absolutely massive EVERYWHERE if they would've followed this masterpiece up with a good album.

:(

I'm so glad I got to see them on that tour.

It was my first concert, actually. I didn't have very good seats, but the show itself was better than my Twisted Logic Tour front row escapades. I've seen them 4 times and the Rush tour absolutely killed the other 3.

Here's the setlist from the show I saw:

Politik
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
Spies
Daylight
Trouble
Warning Sign
One I Love
Don't Panic
Everything's Not Lost
Moses
Yellow
The Scientist
Life is for Living

Clocks
In My Place
Ladder to the Sun

Warning Sign was incredible. They need to start playing that again.

This is making me sad. They were so good back then and I wasn't embarrassed to be such a huge fan.

inmyplace13 said:
I'm so glad I got to see them on that tour.

It was my first concert, actually. I didn't have very good seats, but the show itself was better than my Twisted Logic Tour front row escapades. I've seen them 4 times and the Rush tour absolutely killed the other 3.

Here's the setlist from the show I saw:

Warning Sign was incredible. They need to start playing that again.

This is making me sad. They were so good back then and I wasn't embarrassed to be such a huge fan.

ladder to the sun:drool:

by the way..... have they played any new songs at their recent concerts in South America?:wink:

xaviMF22 said:
by the way..... have they played any new songs at their recent concerts in South America?:wink:

No. It's the same boring every-night-setlist from last year, for the most part.

Here and there something interesting will happen. They've played Sparks a couple times and apparently they played High Speed the last night in Chile.

No new songs yet though.

And yeah, Ladder to the Sun is amazing. I hope it makes an album or a b-side someday. They used to have a bunch of live-only songs that were pretty good. I'll upload some.

Last edited:
inmyplace13 said:

are they still trying to copy u2 in any damn respect? :wink:

inmyplace13 said:

Here and there something interesting will happen. They've played Sparks a couple times and apparently they played High Speed the last night in Chile.

No new songs yet though.

And yeah, Ladder to the Sun is amazing. I hope it makes an album or a b-side someday. They used to have a bunch of live-only songs that were pretty good. I'll upload some.

Shame they haven't played new songs :sad:

but wow they played Sparks and High Speed?:drool:

cant wait for the boots to appear :dancing:

now they need to bring out "Spies" and it will all be :drool:

If you guys want to hear any of the following, I'll upload them:

A Ghost
Idiot
Ladder to the Sun
Sweet Marianne
The World Turned Upside Down (the original one)
Solid Ground
Lost Highway

inmyplace13 said:

A Ghost
Idiot
Ladder to the Sun
Sweet Marianne
Solid Ground
Lost Highway

:yes:

please:pray: ??

inmyplace13 said:

A Ghost
Idiot
Ladder to the Sun
Sweet Marianne
Solid Ground
Lost Highway

please.

yes, great dvd! it's a shame that the x&y tour sucked!
and please upload the songs!

i wish the cd that went along with the 2003 dvd had all the songs on it, not just a handful.

Despite everything, the way they played the old numbers on the X&Y Tour (I saw em in Montreal) was just great. The snare during Clocks is just fantastic.

I just recently got the CD/DVD combo, it's a shame that there aren't all the songs on the CD, still I LOVE it very much. And I think I belong to the minority here who actually enjoys their later stuff, too. I wish there would be another live CD or DVD. But having to choose, I guess I would say the older stuff is better.

Great DVD, highlisghts for me are Politik, Amsterdam, Moses, Rush Of Blood, Don't Panic and Daylight...top stuff.

Is it time for Coldplay's Achtung Baby? A total reinvention? I remember an interview with Chris Martin from last year where he said something about knowing that they had to come up with a new sound for the next album, that they'd run their current mode dry. I'm certainly curious to see what comes next.

Back
Top Bottom