Coldplay is the greatest thing since U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread reminds me of an article I saw in The Sunday Times (a British newspaper) on the 14th. I thought it would be interesting to you guys, so I typed it up.

Coldplay Crusader Tries On Bono Halo
Peter Conradi

He has shaken hands with George W. Bush and the Pope and rarely misses a chance to preach about the need to write off Third World debt. But Bono, the campaigning face of U2, the Irish rock band, is facing competition from an upstart young rival: Coldplay?s Chris Martin.

Not content with a pair of number one albums and a high profile romance with Gwyneth Paltrow, Martin, 26, now also appears to be trying to assume the saintly mantle of Bono, 43, and Bob Geldof, 51.

A trip with Oxfam in February last year to Haiti appears to have converted him to the charity?s campaign for ?fair trade.? During the visit, Martin came face to face with rice growers being driven out of business by American imports.

?I felt like a fourth-rate Bono,? he declared. ?Later on I felt like a third-rate Bono, and hopefully I?ll escalate until I feel like a full-on Bono.?

Dan Cairns, who did one of the first interviews with Martin for The Sunday Times in 2000, said: ?He sees the band as the next U2 and anything that fits in with the Bono brand, not just in terms of the music but also in terms of evangelizing and moral crusades.?

i go from mildly liking Coldplay to plain old being fookin bored by them. :shrug:
i do find that their music on the whole is boring....atleast for me, it is.
I love Politik...but really no other songs of theirs affects me the way that this song does.
now if you ask me who's the best thing since U2...
it's definitely Pearl Jam. All the way.
Now there's a band that rocks. I'm still going through all of their official boots...i bought all of them :coocoo:...and show after show...they bring their music to a whole 'nother level...as U2 does with their live shows. :up:

Just as I start to post this: Clocks comes on.
Quote:
"Well, Chris is very good at this. The best compliment he ever paid U2 - and he's always said he was a big fan of the band was taking on the fair trade thing - he is an extraordinary singer & talent - they're a great band they can go places I can't I'm giving him a medal - Because he can run very fast, I believe in him."
UnQuote

I understand what you are saying Strato Edge.:up: apparently so does Bono. This is from his interview with virgin radio this past weekend.
Now U2's playing. Angel of Harlem :hmm: :dance:

Last edited:
on FUSE( which was much music) they have a show called sessions with aol or something. coldplay were playing(clocks i think) and they were so dull, so boring, the guitarist was hitting one string through-out the whole song:lol: oh and they aint a preety sight to see either.

why do people think they are the next u2, u2 sould out stadiums ya atyclb was a mainstreem and some what a pop record but look at their earlier stuff its all rock&roll.
in other words coldplay cant even come close to bono,s nut#ack!

bring on some other band.:tongue:

coldplay is a one trick pony, and i dont like this trick!

"theres been alot of talk about this next song, maybe, maybe too much talk, this song is not a crap song, this song is....yellow"

....chris martin - slane castle 2001.

coldplay WILL be as big as u2!!

watch RATTLE&HUM the dvd. and then think about coldplay and u2................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................exactly

Back
Top Bottom