Coldplay is starting to DRIVE ME CRAZY!!! - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 04-07-2006, 02:48 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:34 AM
A rush of blood is their best album. X&Y was a huge disappointment

Old 04-07-2006, 03:25 PM   #32
Local Time: 04:34 AM
It doesn't bother me too much that some of the lyrics are pretty random. U2 has written some pretty shitty lyrics at times, so have The Beatles...ect.

As for X&Y, I loved it when I first got it. Then I had a real love/hate relationship with it. Now, I have a whole new respect for X&Y after seeing Coldplay live in Chicago last week. In fact, I really hated "White Shadows" before hearing it live. Now I love it.

The new songs sounded fantastic live--many of them sounding much much better than they sound on the album(White Shadows, What If, Fix You). Talk was awesome---don't let the shitty performance on the Grammy's taint your opinion of this song.

Square One was amazing. One of the best songs of the decade in my opinion.

Old 04-07-2006, 07:02 PM   #33
Local Time: 01:34 AM
Coldplay's grammys performance was flat out awful. They sounded like absolute crap. I still like the song Talk a lot, but that performance contributed to me not liking them as much as I used to.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:54 AM   #34
Local Time: 03:34 AM
Just for your amusement:

Chris Martin's band was giving a private concert for winners of a contest sponsored by radio station WPLJ, when he was asked about the competition between Coldplay's "X&Y" and Carey's "The Emancipation of Mimi" for biggest-selling album of 2005. When WPLJ reporter Brad Blanks asked Martin how he felt about having Mariah on his tail, he replied: "She's not, but one of her boobs is. They do most of her work. Last week I was chased down the street by an enormous boob. I think it was hers."

Martin even made up a song on the spot, sitting at his keyboard: "Man's been traveling through space and man's been to the moon and man's spent most of his intelligence desiring Mariah Carey boobs."

As the crowd laughed, he continued: "Mariah Carey's boobs are so nice, and she don't mess around. If she had been aboard the Titanic, there's no way that ship would have gone down."