Coldplay is starting to DRIVE ME CRAZY!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It doesn't bother me too much that some of the lyrics are pretty random. U2 has written some pretty shitty lyrics at times, so have The Beatles...ect.

As for X&Y, I loved it when I first got it. Then I had a real love/hate relationship with it. Now, I have a whole new respect for X&Y after seeing Coldplay live in Chicago last week. In fact, I really hated "White Shadows" before hearing it live. Now I love it.

The new songs sounded fantastic live--many of them sounding much much better than they sound on the album(White Shadows, What If, Fix You). Talk was awesome---don't let the shitty performance on the Grammy's taint your opinion of this song.

Square One:drool: was amazing. One of the best songs of the decade in my opinion.

Coldplay's grammys performance was flat out awful. They sounded like absolute crap. I still like the song Talk a lot, but that performance contributed to me not liking them as much as I used to.

Just for your amusement:

Chris Martin's band was giving a private concert for winners of a contest sponsored by radio station WPLJ, when he was asked about the competition between Coldplay's "X&Y" and Carey's "The Emancipation of Mimi" for biggest-selling album of 2005. When WPLJ reporter Brad Blanks asked Martin how he felt about having Mariah on his tail, he replied: "She's not, but one of her boobs is. They do most of her work. Last week I was chased down the street by an enormous boob. I think it was hers."

Martin even made up a song on the spot, sitting at his keyboard: "Man's been traveling through space and man's been to the moon and man's spent most of his intelligence desiring Mariah Carey boobs."

As the crowd laughed, he continued: "Mariah Carey's boobs are so nice, and she don't mess around. If she had been aboard the Titanic, there's no way that ship would have gone down."

Back
Top Bottom