Coldplay copying U2?! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2005, 08:27 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 10:49 PM
Coldplay copying U2?!

Just wondering if anyone else has seen the new Coldplay video for Speed of Sound.. and seen the comparison between the video and the Vertigo tour lights? I mean, the quiet(er) start, the building momentum, and then the walls of lights turn on with a flash as the song picks up! Well, basically the lights in the background.. urg.
I guess its also Coldplay's claims that they will be the greatest band of the century and the "new U2" that irks me... I like Coldplay, but competing with U2?! Seriously... theres no way. And their new record is not comparable to JT. Heck no way.

So, what are your thoughts?

Old 06-30-2005, 08:29 PM   #2
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:49 PM
coldplay sucks

Old 06-30-2005, 08:34 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:49 PM
how could they do this.....copycaters!!!!

afldska;jn
Old 06-30-2005, 09:47 PM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 05:49 PM
OH MY SWEET LORD IN HEAVEN.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:53 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie

i believe the coldplay video was filmed well before the eurigo leg. get over it.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:27 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
yet another reason why I am bored with this place.

Old 06-30-2005, 10:57 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by myfavu2
And their new record is not comparable to JT.
You mean to say that you aren't LOVIN' IT??!!

Hey folks. It's me again. I'm here to discuss my latest act of extremely clever PUNditry, located just above your head. Yes, you've got it! Well done. Now, rest your hand as I'm sure it is tired from covering your mouth's state of AWE. As a required service to this thread, I am obliged to expand upon my joke, so that everyone can better understand the life and living of laughter.

You see, this band called Coldplay (a name taken straight from the texts of Kama Sutra) made a video that resembled another fetish band's showmanship style (skip with the encore, get to the enMORE!). In this thread (yes, right there below you), myfavu2 criticized Coldplay's crass, craftless, cowardly act of copying City of Blinding Lights, and then went on to suggest that these fine young criminals were overrated.

Brace yourself firmly. This is where the funny bone walks in the door and has intimate relations with your sense of humour.

Ah yes, THE moment came when myfavu2 registered the fatal blow to Coldplay (also known as the Icelandic Wheelbarrow, re: Kama Sutra) with regards to their lack of greatness in the shadow of The Joshua Tree... an album by a folk group from Paraguay known as U2 (The Subway Jared, re: Kama Sutra).

And here was the fated hour where my wits capitalized hardcore magnifiSENSE. The phrase JT was substituted in myfavu2's post, which left the (back) door open for the punultimate... that's right: Justin Timberlake. You see, LOVIN' IT is a catchy (disease) tune that JT wrote especially for McDonald's (although I hear he prefers The Subway Jared).

LOVIN' IT made the joke folks. Look again (forever). I wrote it in all-caps several times. It's meaning became another playful retort/observation in this thread that enriched your lives in ways few other things can (re: The Icelandic Wheelbarrow).

SO.

Are you LOVIN' IT!!!

I hope we can discuss jokes again some time. Unless, that is, folks decide not to post arbitrary threads anymore.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:22 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh...I like this recipe!

I look forward to sampling some more of these tasty punburgers.

I'M LOVIN IT!!!111!!!!11
Old 06-30-2005, 11:28 PM   #9
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by cujo

You mean to say that you aren't LOVIN' IT??!!

Hey folks. It's me again. I'm here to discuss my latest act of extremely clever PUNditry, located just above your head. Yes, you've got it! Well done. Now, rest your hand as I'm sure it is tired from covering your mouth's state of AWE. As a required service to this thread, I am obliged to expand upon my joke, so that everyone can better understand the life and living of laughter.

You see, this band called Coldplay (a name taken straight from the texts of Kama Sutra) made a video that resembled another fetish band's showmanship style (skip with the encore, get to the enMORE!). In this thread (yes, right there below you), myfavu2 criticized Coldplay's crass, craftless, cowardly act of copying City of Blinding Lights, and then went on to suggest that these fine young criminals were overrated.

Brace yourself firmly. This is where the funny bone walks in the door and has intimate relations with your sense of humour.

Ah yes, THE moment came when myfavu2 registered the fatal blow to Coldplay (also known as the Icelandic Wheelbarrow, re: Kama Sutra) with regards to their lack of greatness in the shadow of The Joshua Tree... an album by a folk group from Paraguay known as U2 (The Subway Jared, re: Kama Sutra).

And here was the fated hour where my wits capitalized hardcore magnifiSENSE. The phrase JT was substituted in myfavu2's post, which left the (back) door open for the punultimate... that's right: Justin Timberlake. You see, LOVIN' IT is a catchy (disease) tune that JT wrote especially for McDonald's (although I hear he prefers The Subway Jared).

LOVIN' IT made the joke folks. Look again (forever). I wrote it in all-caps several times. It's meaning became another playful retort/observation in this thread that enriched your lives in ways few other things can (re: The Icelandic Wheelbarrow).

SO.

Are you LOVIN' IT!!!

I hope we can discuss jokes again some time. Unless, that is, folks decide not to post arbitrary threads anymore.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:41 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:49 AM
Yeah, Coldplay sucks. Everything they do is copied right after U2. Chris Martin is a wank. Every single one of their songs sounds the same. Seriously have you heard Sparks and Twisted Logic? They sound EXACTLY THE SAME. So does A Whisper and We Never Change.

They suck.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:53 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:49 PM
Cujo, I am most definitely lovin' it. Where would we be without your insightful commentary?
Old 06-30-2005, 11:56 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:49 PM
A place I like to call better off.

Old 07-01-2005, 01:53 AM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:49 AM
Dunno about the lighting design (or, frankly care), but to me the most recent coldplay music sounds like some A&R guy heard the last U2 album and said 'hey, you know what we should do? We should get some session musicians in who can sound like that record, and find a 'sensitive' singer to put out front. Yeah!'
Old 07-01-2005, 04:06 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

http://forum.interference.com/showth...oldplay+screen
http://forum.interference.com/t131156.html
Old 07-01-2005, 04:33 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

i think coldplay's lights are cooler than u2's

Tags
coldplay