Coldplay copying U2?! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 07-01-2005, 04:23 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 07:31 AM
Re: Coldplay copying U2?!

Originally posted by myfavu2
Just wondering if anyone else has seen the new Coldplay video for Speed of Sound.. and seen the comparison between the video and the Vertigo tour lights? I mean, the quiet(er) start, the building momentum, and then the walls of lights turn on with a flash as the song picks up! Well, basically the lights in the background.. urg.
I guess its also Coldplay's claims that they will be the greatest band of the century and the "new U2" that irks me... I like Coldplay, but competing with U2?! Seriously... theres no way. And their new record is not comparable to JT. Heck no way.

So, what are your thoughts?

Old 07-01-2005, 07:46 AM   #17
Local Time: 06:31 AM
Well you learn something new even in the most redundant of Coldplay threads. I had no idea Justin Timberlake came up with the McDonalds, "I'm lovin it" campaing, I just thought that y'know, Ronald or whoever came up with that one.

Of course, the only reason I bought X&Y was so that I could dis it here. I secretly love it though, I mean how can one ever grow tired of hearing 11 o'clock tick-tock in a brand new package. I will make a very public diplay of my purchase of the next Radiohead album though just to maintain my pathetic hipster street cred. I wonder if anyone will notice if I slip in a JT cd with it.

Old 07-01-2005, 09:28 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 12:31 AM
Old 07-01-2005, 09:38 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Chizip
i think coldplay's lights are cooler than u2's
I agree
plus - just an observation here - but U2's balls are much bigger than coldplay's
Old 07-06-2005, 10:15 PM   #20
The Fly
We used to be Coldplay fans up until we saw Chris being a BIG jerk to our friend (who also WAS a fan) Chris didn't give a shit. It just sucks to see one of your fave singers be like that right in front of you.

I mean he was decent to me. he shook my hand at least.

However, Guy B. (the bass player) is one of the coolest and sweetest guys! (no pun intended) I got a kiss from him. lol

Anyway I'm done with them, mostly because of how Chris acted and everytime I listen to their music, unfortunately that's all I think about.

Oh and they will NEVER be as BIG as U2!! (Not if Chris continues to act like that) hehehe
Old 07-06-2005, 10:21 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:31 PM
im not defending chris, i could care less about him

but you never know if someone is having a bad day or how it is when crowds of people want your attention all day and night. i think we in general have high expectations of celebrities and always expect them to be nice/funny/attentive etc to their fans or always be in a a good mood
Old 07-06-2005, 10:25 PM   #22
The Fly
Yeah I understand that people have bad days.

The whole experience was weird. I HOPE he is nicer to other fans.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:16 AM   #23
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
Local Time: 01:31 AM
this topic is a bit overdone.

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann