Coldplay concert results in 34 marijuana arrests

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
EAST TROY- Authorities from the Walworth County Drug Unit arrested 34 people for possession of marijuana at the Coldplay concert Aug. 13 at Alpine Valley Music Theater.

One individual was confined on state charges for possession of the drug and resisting arrest. Another was confined for possession of both marijuana and psilocybin mushrooms, according to the Walworth County Sheriff's Department.

Approximately 44 grams of marijuana and 10 grams of psilocybin were seized by the drug unit. The sheriff's department patrol division also ticketed 23 for speeding, 15 for underage possession or consumption of alcohol, five for possession of marijuana, three for trespassing and one for possession of a false identification. One individual was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of causing injury by the intoxicated use of a motor vehicle.

The Coldplay concert was the last major event scheduled at Alpine Valley this summer.

Apparently Alpine Valley is known for that.

From July 23rd:

EAST TROY-Eighty-three people were arrested during the two-day Dave Matthews Band concert this weekend at Alpine Valley Music Theater, according to a Walworth County Sheriff's Department news release.

See? Chris Martin IS the Anti-Christ. Well, I did warn people but sadly my words fell on deaf ears...

Do they actually check there????? At my Coldplay and DMB show the security was smoking WITH the fans.........NO LIE!

unosdostres14 said:
Apparently Alpine Valley is known for that.

From July 23rd:

EAST TROY-Eighty-three people were arrested during the two-day Dave Matthews Band concert this weekend at Alpine Valley Music Theater, according to a Walworth County Sheriff's Department news release.

I am surprised only 83 people were arrested at the DMB concert.

When I saw Snoop Dogg open for the Chilli Peppers, Snoop and his entourage were smoking pot onstage as part of the show (I could smell it there in the 8th row) and actually daring security to do something about it. :lol: Gotta love Snoop.

Anyway, so much for the myth that R&R shows are the one safe place to get high.

mkdominatr said:
Do they actually check there????? At my Coldplay and DMB show the security was smoking WITH the fans.........NO LIE!

:lmao: One of my friends was passing a spliff around at a gig last year when a security guard suddenly wandered over -- my friend was convinced he was about to get thrown out of the venue but the security guy just indicated he wanted a hit and then left us alone, lol. Hilarious. :)

There's pot at every show. Rock 'n' roll and drugs go hand in hand. Remember the old saying? Sex, drugs & rock 'n' roll. It's part of the enjoyment. Although I've never done anything like that at a U2 show - it's a natural high for me. Want to be totally aware

9.gif

I wonder if I'll get arrested for jay walking at a coldplay concert?

i was just at the AmsterJam concert in NYC two days ago and Wyclef was singing the praises of pot on stage and snoop dog and P Diddy were smoking pot on stage as was about half the crowd....security did nothing.

IT WAS AWESOME:wink:

Back
Top Bottom