Coldplay + Brian Eno = Something awesome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/Brian_Eno_Producing_New_Coldplay_Album#40742

So it looks like Brian Eno is producing the next Coldplay album. All I can say is thank God. This band needs something like this right now. I was fairly disappointed wtih X&Y, and we all know Eno's just the right man for rejuvinating an artist's career and creativity. I'm sure he'll bring something fresh and needed to the band. Can't wait.

"Hey Mr. Emo, can you do what you did for U2 LZOL!"

*chrismartinface*

but really, that's great news.

I loved the direction they were going in with b-sides Sleeping Sun and Gravity, if that meshes with Parachutes' songwriting and A Rush of Blood's sound/production, I might retract my ban on Coldplay.

YES !!! :drool:

Great fucking news

I love to know what coldplay do after the atrocity that was X&Y

I'm exited :hyper:

and yes they can make a great record

a rush of blood is :drool:

xaviMF22 said:
I'd love to go to the coldplay forums and discuss this....but I got banned:wink:

:lol:

Oh well. I'm sure this will be a great record. Eno doesn't produce garbage. He won't allow it.

Lancemc said:

:lol:

Oh well. I'm sure this will be a great record. Eno doesn't produce garbage. He won't allow it.

A little off topic...am I remembering correctly that you said you were going to a RHCP show last night?

xaviMF22 said:
I am by far more exited for LP4 than I am for LP7:reject:

If LP4 is of Parachutes/ROBTTH quality, it would be an interesting comparison...if LP4 is within 100000 miles of X&Y quality, LP7 wins by a landslide. RH is already better by a solid margin.

Does this mean Coldplay's fourth album will be called The Forgettable Fire? :hyper:

This is awesome news.

Like, really awesome.

I didn't even bother listening to X&Y after hearing Fix You and Speed of Sound, but their first two albums are really good, great even.

I will be looking forward to this.

Had no idea X&Y was so maligned, I don't mind it, actually think parts of it are rather good even.

Eno will likely do good with them, but I just hope he doesn't take their desire to be U2 a bit too far and turn them into a clone.

Oh God!:|

As much as I respect and love Eno's work, I can't see a great premonition about this news...

I can imagine Chris' ego go even further than in the X&Y sessions, and the band emulating again (and even harder) U2's sound.

I really hope that not to happen. I was hoping for a totally different next album. But now, I'm not betting on that.

FUCK YES! Slightly drunk Mike says Coldplay+Eno is much better than Coldplay alone! GibsonGirl please feel free to scorn me when I'm sober!

hopefully eno can desuckify them

it is a bit scary how they're following U2 step for step but, if it produces an album of quality like A Rush then I'm all for it :up:

AtomicBono said:
hopefully eno can desuckify them

it is a bit scary how they're following U2 step for step but, if it produces an album of quality like A Rush then I'm all for it :up:

same here.. :yes: If it is in the league of A Rush.. we are in for one hell of a album...and tour..:wink:

Aygo said:
Oh God!:|

As much as I respect and love Eno's work, I can't see a great premonition about this news...

I can imagine Chris' ego go even further than in the X&Y sessions, and the band emulating again (and even harder) U2's sound.

I really hope that not to happen. I was hoping for a totally different next album. But now, I'm not betting on that.

That's a good point, about the emulating U2's sound issue...hmm...or maybe Eno will be extra-sensitive to that? I don't know enough about Coldplay to know if they have anything going for them *but* trying to emulate U2 lol...

cheers all!

ShellBeThere said:

That's a good point, about the emulating U2's sound issue...hmm...or maybe Eno will be extra-sensitive to that? I don't know enough about Coldplay to know if they have anything going for them *but* trying to emulate U2 lol...

cheers all!

Well, this will be Coldplay's fourth album and Eno first co-produced U2's fourth as well. So that's a similarity right there.

ShellBeThere said:

cheers all!

Well, Eno's work is not all the same, he's done tones of different things.
But take U2's example. In a great percentage of U2's music there is "Eno ADN" (I don't know if you understand what I'm to say with this).
If Coldplay (Chris "Sissy" Martin) wanted to be bigger than U2 circa X&Y-sessions/releasement, it's not a big surprise to me thay they choose Eno to work with.

By the TUF era, U2 was still an relatively unknown in some countries, and Brian Eno was a much younger producer and had not made half the work he made 'till today.
Why didn't Coldplay choose a yonger (fresher?) guy to go in the studio with them? Someone who really brought something different and that throw away a little the Coldplay typical sound...

Back
Top Bottom