Coldplay + Brian Eno = Something awesome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Square One
2. How You See The World No.2
3. Talk (Original Demo Version)
4. Til Kingdom Come
5. White Shadows
6. A Message
7. Sleeping Sun
8. Pour Me
9. Proof
10. Low
11. Twisted Logic
12. Gravity

Well lookee here. I just made X&Y a great album using only songs from those sessions!

It's not that it's a bad album. It's just that it was poorly executed and some of the strongest songs (How You See The World, Talk demo, Gravity) didn't make the final cut when they should have.

Last edited:
inmyplace13 said:
1. Square One
4. Til Kingdom Come
5. White Shadows
6. A Message
7. Sleeping Sun
8. Pour Me
9. Proof
10. Low
11. Twisted Logic
12. Gravity

Well lookee here. I just made X&Y a great album using only songs from those sessions!

It's not that it's a bad album. It's just that it was poorly exectuted and some of the strongest songs (How You See The World, Talk demo, Gravity) didn't make the final cut when they should have.

"how you see the wold "is such a great track
shame it wasn't on X+Y:(

inmyplace13 said:
1. Square One
4. Til Kingdom Come
5. White Shadows
6. A Message
7. Sleeping Sun
8. Pour Me
9. Proof
10. Low
11. Twisted Logic
12. Gravity

It's not that it's a bad album. It's just that it was poorly exectuted and some of the strongest songs (How You See The World, Talk demo, Gravity) didn't make the final cut when they should have.

I don't know all those songs, but you pretty much took out all the shitty ones, so :up: good job

talk demo :drool:

if we were really getting amibtious we could give songs like A Message (which has a beautiful guitar part) a lyrical rewrite, but lyrics have always been Coldplay's weakness, imo. I think for the next album to truly be great, Coldplay has to switch gears, but Martin also has to step it up a notch.

inmyplace13 said:
1. Square One
4. Til Kingdom Come
5. White Shadows
6. A Message
7. Sleeping Sun
8. Pour Me
9. Proof
10. Low
11. Twisted Logic
12. Gravity

It's not that it's a bad album. It's just that it was poorly executed and some of the strongest songs (How You See The World, Talk demo, Gravity) didn't make the final cut when they should have.

A Message needs to die a slow, horrible death.

Other than that, it looks solid. :up:

inmyplace13 said:
1. Square One
4. Til Kingdom Come
5. White Shadows
6. A Message
7. Sleeping Sun
8. Pour Me
9. Proof
10. Low
11. Twisted Logic
12. Gravity

Wow, you made an X+Y I'd listen to :up:

LemonMelon said:

A Message needs to die a slow, horrible death.

Then drop it and have Sleeping Sun start the second side. Works well, too.

Glad you guys like that tracklist though. I can do a save file project if you want to hear the songs I put in.

inmyplace13 said:

Then drop it and have Sleeping Sun start the second side. Works well, too.

Glad you guys like that tracklist though. I can do a save file project if you want to hear the songs I put in.

hey are there two different version of How you see the world?

:scratch:

mind uploading them:wink:

xaviMF22 said:

hey are there two different version of How you see the world?

Yeah. No. 2 just has different lyrics. It was recorded for the War Child CD and was the one they performed live. "They put the world in a tin can..." That one. If that's the one you have, then you haven't heard the original.

I've got to leave right now for my intramural basketball season opener, but when I get a chance I'll get those songs up for everyone who wants them.

inmyplace13 said:
1. Square One
4. Til Kingdom Come
5. White Shadows
6. A Message
7. Sleeping Sun
8. Pour Me
9. Proof
10. Low
11. Twisted Logic
12. Gravity

Gravity :drool: I have no idea why this wasn't on the album and leave "A Message", the lyrics may be weak but it's a good song.

Coldplay to release singles collection

The compilation is out in the spring

Coldplay are to release their first ever singles collection in the spring.

'The Singles 1999-2006' box set is out on March 26, and will include all 14 of the band's singles together for the fist time ever. Each single will be pressed on heavyweight 7" vinyl and sleeved in its original artwork. There will be no CD release.

The box set will contain five singles which have never previously appeared on 7". They include the band's 1999 debut EP 'The Blue Room', which has been split into two 7" singles.

The box set will also feature the international singles, 'Don't Panic', 'God Put A Smile Upon Your Face' and 'What If', none of which were released in the UK.

The collection will also include 'The Hardest Part', from 2005's 'X&Y' LP, which was previously only available as a download in the UK.

Vinyl only?
Coldplay has enough hits for a compilation. Put the radio hits, add 2 new songs, and it'll sell like hotcakes. It'd even be great for a better promotion in the US, more or less like Depeche Mode did with their first compilation in 1985.

This would be just enough until the waited new album, and it would give more time to the band and to Eno.

Who owns a record player and is under 45?

Whoever thought up that idea is fucking retarded.

I think it should come with a free 10 dollar refund for anyone who bought X&Y.

I own a record player and definitely under 45.
But Coldplay on vinyl doesn't interest me,
Though Bright Eyes, Ryan Adams, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, John Frusciante and even The Roots sounds bloody good on my record player
:drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom