Coldplay + Brian Eno = Something awesome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lets not turn this into a x&y vs. htdaab rant. the thread will get closed.

while i like x&y, i think this move shows that coldplay has realized that they need a new sound now in order to stay an interesting band.

U2isthebest said:
*now feels bad that my fav. Coldplay album is X&Y*:reject:

Also, am I going to get in trouble because I still think "The Scientist" is their best song?:uhoh: it's one of my all-time fav. songs.

No body should "get in trouble" because they like or dislike anything.
I share your emotions here completely.
I love X & Y, it's the album that made me become interested in their music.
And the "Scientist" is a song that still makes me cry whenever I hear it. It's fantastic.

inmyplace13 said:
I wonder if U2's new album is going to sound just like Linkin Park's because they are both being produced by the same guy. :hmm:

That's the logic around here.

um...no, the logic is that Coldplay already has a strong U2 influence and Martin wants to "take out U2" or whatever, so obviously it raises eyebrows that they seem to be following in U2's footsteps. Last time I checked U2 wasn't obsessed with Linkin Park :wink:

but like I said before, I don't think Eno will make them sound like U2. Probably the opposite.

U2Man said:
lets not turn this into a x&y vs. htdaab rant. the thread will get closed.

while i like x&y, i think this move shows that coldplay has realized that they need a new sound now in order to stay an interesting band.

:up:

Maybe they should name the new album "Will Not Disappoint You".

Brian Eno is one of those guys who can do no wrong, really. He'd be like a 5th member of the band.

I think they realize they have to change one more album in the mold of the last 3 will lead them to not being important. Brian's the right guy to change their sound. I'm looking forward to this.

As for X&Y I havent listened to it in a while but i don't know why it get's the negativity it does. I think it's a brilliant album and enjoy it whenever i listen. I do prefer Parachutes and AROBTTH but still.

Fix You has an awesome crescendo or w/e you call it.
Quit bashing it! :rant: :wink:

I want to like Coldplay, I really do, but they've made 3 albums, and I only really liked one of them.

PROVE ME WRONG, DAMMIT.

the forgettable fire joke WAS funny, regardless of what you think of coldplay.

x&y has so many songs that are much better than fix you. coldplay made a mistake by making that song the big one from that album. especially because it contains all the ingredients that make some people laugh at coldplay: chris martin's whining, the poor lyrics, etc.

U2Man said:
the forgettable fire joke WAS funny, regardless of what you think of coldplay.

x&y has so many songs that are much better than fix you. coldplay made a mistake by making that song the big one from that album. especially because it contains all the ingredients that make some people laugh at coldplay: chris martin's whining, the poor lyrics, etc.

Low, Kingdom Come, and Talk were the only songs from that album I ever listened to after about a month or two.

The rest you can throw away.

the problem with X+Y is that it tried too hard to be as big a a rush of blood

square one- tries to be a good opener like Politik but fails IMO

Fix you- Coldplay trying to create another song like the Scientist

Speed of Sound - Clocks pt2

and so on

now a rush of blood is fucking awesome
great album with only one weak track

"a whisper":yuck:

Parachutes is Coldplay's best album. I will stick by that forever. It's a great pop album, with great dynamics and only a few weak tracks. It's better than Rush.

LemonMelon said:
Parachutes is Coldplay's best album. I will stick by that forever. It's a great pop album, with great dynamics and only a few weak tracks. It's better than Rush.

you've got some weird opinions now and then.

Back
Top Bottom