Coldplay + Brian Eno = Something awesome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

He's going to be brought in for the fifth album, The Joshua Shrubbery.

:lol:

I just had the mental image of Eno getting fed up halfway through the sessions and telling the Coldplay guys, "I know U2. I've worked with U2. U2 are friends of mine. You, gentlemen, are not U2."

I guess emulating U2 will get even stronger now.

I wonder if a certain Daniel Lanois is recruited for this one too...

Bono's shades said:

I just had the mental image of Eno getting fed up halfway through the sessions and telling the Coldplay guys, "I know U2. I've worked with U2. U2 are friends of mine. You, gentlemen, are not U2."

* chris martin sulks*

Oh, come on. Joking aside, just because they're hiring Eno doesn't mean that they're trying to sound like U2. Eno's famous for doing MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more than producing some U2 albums, despite what the average interferencer may believe.

Although the second Chris Martin mentions "soul" or "knees" in any of the new songs, that's it for me. :wink:

Wow, I guess that is good news. I can't wait for a new Coldplay album. I love the band, even though they have been sucking up to U2 a lot and Chris Martin is a bit eerie.
And I also likec X & Y, it was actually the first cd I bought by them, I got the older stuff afterwards. I like the second half of X & Y, I think there is some really poetic stuff on it. Can't wait what the new album will sound like.

Bono's shades said:

:lmao: that's great

hopefully Eno will know to not make them sound too much like U2. I think Eno will take them in another direction entirely

XHendrix24 said:
Oh, come on. Joking aside, just because they're hiring Eno doesn't mean that they're trying to sound like U2. Eno's famous for doing MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more than producing some U2 albums, despite what the average interferencer may believe.

Although the second Chris Martin mentions "soul" or "knees" in any of the new songs, that's it for me. :wink:

David Bowie, Paul Simon, Talking Heads, Ultravox, U2...

I'm pretty sure they want to do something like David Bowie's Berlin albums.

They already ripped off a Kraftwerk song with Talk.

LemonMacPhisto said:

David Bowie, Paul Simon, Talking Heads, Ultravox, U2...

I'm pretty sure they want to do something like David Bowie's Berlin albums.

They already ripped off a Kraftwerk song with Talk.
U2 has David Bowie influences too, so, even if they do something like Bowie... U2 will be there anyway...:lmao:

I don't like X&Y too much, but it was miles better than How To Dismantle An Atomic Turd. All these Coldplay sucks or Coldplay-wants-to-be-U2 jokes are tired and boring now.

On topic though, this makes me excited for the new album after all rather than dreading it. Eno is just the kind of guy they need to light a fire under their collective ass. I think this bodes really well for the next record.

Although it will be tough to stack up to the neon-bible.com mothafucka.

Aygo said:
U2 has David Bowie influences too, so, even if they do something like Bowie... U2 will be there anyway...:lmao:

Who doesn't at this point?

Aygo said:
They're not tired or boring. They're realistic.

Even if they're realistic, they're fucking redundant. Everyone saying the same exact thing over and over again isn't funny or insightful; it's fucking stupid. See? Tired and boring because everyone parrots each other. It's not funny. It's not clever.

U2Man, it'll be out in 2008, I'm sure. I read that the sessions were almost over and the majority of the record was in the can already, but I think that's horseshit. If Eno just came out saying he's on board, I think the sessions are still in their infancy. We could see the album by the end of the year, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

*now feels bad that my fav. Coldplay album is X&Y*:reject:

Also, am I going to get in trouble because I still think "The Scientist" is their best song?:uhoh: it's one of my all-time fav. songs.

inmyplace13 said:
I don't like X&Y too much, but it was miles better than How To Dismantle An Atomic Turd. All these Coldplay sucks or Coldplay-wants-to-be-U2 jokes are tired and boring now.

:up:

agreed

i wonder if coldplay are shitting their pants now, considering the awesomeness of neon bible :hmm:

I wonder if U2's new album is going to sound just like Linkin Park's because they are both being produced by the same guy. :hmm:

That's the logic around here.

i think the next coldplay album produced by eno is gonna be extremely fantastic. millions of u2 fans will be crying.

i look forward to the best coldplay album yet :up:

inmyplace13 said:

At least, Bono and Edge don't write such whinny lyrics such as "...and I will try to kick you". Oh God!:|

X&Y > HTDAAB?:laugh:

HTDAAB can be just a collection of great songs fom some... but at least they're all great songs and they have good lyrics, direct, cohesive and with no shit going around. It has a theme and it's undertaken itself a commercial album to make hits.
X&Y is always going around in circles and never gets anywhere: Lyrics are far more uninspired (I never really get some of those rhymes and verses... more forced than the kneel/knees/soul thing) and it's too bad that many sections of the album are easily recognizable emulations from other bands.

Back
Top Bottom