Coldplay breaking up? Is this true?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foray

Rock n' Roll Doggie
My friend acme across a review of AROBTTH and apparently it mentinoed that this is Coldplay's last album. He couldn't find the link for me after that. Anyone of you heard about this?

foray

I haven't heard anything of the sort...I know supposedly they almost broke up during the recording sessions for the album, saying that had to do with pressures and expectations (both in and outside the band). As far as I know, they're still together.

I think this rumor started with this NME article: http://nme.com/news/101435.htm. One thing to remember is that this is NME, so they'll mention something like this every chance they get and blow it completely out of proportion.

Q had a good article on Coldplay a couple of months ago where they said they didn't know if they could write anymore songs right now.

This bit is off-topic. Yesterday, I picked up Moby's "EVERYTHING IS WRONG" from the bargain bin. I love it. My favourite track is 'When It's Cold I'd Like To Die'. This album seems more spiritual than Play and 18. Excerpts from his Everything Is Wrong essays:

"i know more about idiot actors in hollywood that i've never met than i do about the womyn who lives next door to me (and is probably more interesting)."

"to make sure that eating 3 cans of oven cleaner will make you sick, or to make sure that pouring nail polish remover into your eyes will hurt you, we torture mice, rabbits, dogs, cats, etc."

"even the back to nature people still drive cars and use products made from materials ripped out of the earth."

"it doesn't make sense to maintain destructive systems just because people earn their livings from them."

You can probably read the essays in their entirety at http://www.moby.com .

foray

I saw them live.

I can't imagine a band that is that talented, and THAT together....will break up soon.

At least, I hope not.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the Q article when AROBTTH was released, Chris and the other band members talked about how tenuous the relationship between the band members is. They're not that tight, and disagree a lot. I honestly think that they could, at any moment, disapear for a few years.

That being said, I think in that NME article, Martin was basically saying the same thing Bono said after ATYCLB...if the next album is crab, it's over.

Not a bad attitude to have, considering all the crap music out there...

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
I saw them live.

I can't imagine a band that is that talented, and THAT together....will break up soon.

At least, I hope not.

GGRR!!!!!!! See what happens when you type quickly and don't actually LOOK AT THE SCREEN??? Typos! Lots of 'em!

Thanks MonaVox.

I'm an idiot. :banghead: :reject: :crazy: :combust:

Back
Top Bottom