Coldplay, anyone??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I posted this in PLEBAns, so if you're ready to take a PLEBAn seriously.........:lol: :lol: I love this band!! How about you? My favorite song by them is "Clocks". I heard it when I was driving home from a Christmas song and it just blew my mind. It's gorgeous!

you mentioning pleba is fair game for everyone to make fun of it.

dont tell me you dont know how people feel about coldplay here. you do. theyre the most popular band here, even ahead of u2 because as you can see in everything you know is wrong, a thread that says "adam confirms new album and tour for 2003" that only gets a dozen replies shows interest is not all that high at the moment.

if you would take the time to maybe use your scroll bar (on the right hand side of the screen) you would quickly realize that their is a general fondness of the band.

i, on the other hand, have little use for them, though i do respect them as musicians. and, i do believe they are better than most of the material thats out there, but i still find their music to be perplexingly boring.

To be honest I love Coldplay's latest but even I think there's been too much talk about this song (band). By the way in case anyone cares, u2 may release an album this decade.

Cow of the Seas said:
dont tell me you dont know how people feel about coldplay here. you do. theyre the most popular band here, even ahead of u2 because as you can see in everything you know is wrong, a thread that says "adam confirms new album and tour for 2003" that only gets a dozen replies shows interest is not all that high at the moment.

maybe because we already knew that?
it's like if a news story came out and said "Edge confirms he will get balder next year!" it'd be like yeah, no shit.

I know I am not their target audience.

I think PLBEANS could be.

If they improved a little, they might be boring.

I don't know what this means,
but everytime thier music comes on my radio,
my new auto-flush toilet - starts flushing.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

lol this is very true! i talk about U2 on the Coldplay board and Coldplay on the U2 board. odd. :huh:

LOL! Me too! :happy:

Did any of you guys see the RollingStone with a Coldplay/U2 comparison? The rather big blurb talked about Coldplay's heartfelt, emotionally charged music and said, "they're our new U2." :cute: This made me smile because I have said for a long time that I thought Coldplay definitely had the potential for a career as long and as exciting as U2's.

So...has anybody seen them live? I'm going to try and get tix to the Minneapolis show in March. I can't wait!

Last edited:
Kieran McConville said:
To be honest I love Coldplay's latest but even I think there's been too much talk about this song (band).
i agree, but to each his own i suppose. i just mainly lurk in this forum cuz most of the stuff i listen to is older, and i'm getting more into bands the average person i know hasn't heard of. :crack:

kariatari said:

So...has anybody seen them live? I'm going to try and get tix to the Minneapolis show in March. I can't wait!

I'm seeing 'em live in March in Indy :hyper: Hope you get tix too!

However I'm nowhere near as excited to see them as I was to see U2. With U2 I was nearly peeing myself.

I wasn't a big fan of Coldplay until seeing them live. I still don't ever really listen to their albums, apart from the song "The Scientist." I think as a live band, Coldplay lives up to the hype, and their personalities are impossible not to like. I read the other day that they're donating 10% of their profits to charity now. Not a lot considering what they get, but it's much better than most bands do. :up:

larry mullen's pop angel...tickets are onsale friday at ten a.m. i can't wait. i think it's at the fox theater. i saw coldplay the last time at the state theater in detroit. they were so drunk they couldn't play several songs and ended up taking seger and led zepellin and kid rock covers. they seemed slightly embarassed but at the same time, were hilarious enough the audience ate it up. we're a drinking town too, you know.

i can't freaking wait for coldplay. what coldplay board would be good to go to often? i should come on here more often.

Sicy...don't read this. Just look the other way.

I have 2 extra tickets for the Phoenix Coldplay show on Sunday Feb. 9th. They are really, really good seats and I only want what I paid for the them.

If anyone is interested, PM me or send me an email and I'll give you the details. I would much rather sit with some nice Interlanders that I already know instead of selling them on ebay and sitting with strangers.

I am seeing them for the 5th time in March, can't wait....at some point I swear I am going to get them to play Only Superstition. That song is off the hizzy, as is everything else they do.

Back
Top Bottom