Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sending it to me, just got through my second listen and whoa, I'm shocked...this album is really good. :ohmy: If I don't get that e-mail for the MSG show, I might just have to start trawling comcasttix and spring for the overnight in Philly...

Okay, I got to Lovers in Japan / Reign of Love and had to stop because I was driving home, but damn. Where has this band been the past 4-5 years?

42's one of the catchiest songs I've heard in a long time... long time. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album. Hell, I'll probably buying this.

42 has quite a satisfying sleazy guitar lick

U2 have quite the competition on their hands. Viva la vida, In rainbows, new Kings Of leon, new muse.. what a great year for music.

Just listened to it.

I LOVE Yes, I think it's my favourite song right now. Also Viva La Vida. Lovers in Japan is not bad, either.

In the version I have, there's another song merged into Yes ... does anyone know if this is the Chinese chant? Because this one is missing from the tracklist. I cannot make out the lyrics.

Some songs need time getting into them, but over all great album and some real surprises sound-wise.

Yeah, Coldplay wanted to keep the album at ten official tracks, so what they did was insert a couple of hidden tracks. Chinese Sleep Chant is with Yes, and The Escapist is with Death And All His Friends.

I was shocked when I gave it a first listen. Huge departure from their previous work. I really love the more instrumental stuff like Life in Technicolor and Chinese Sleep Chant. I bet Eno had a huge hand in those types of songs.

I have to get this off my chest. I can't believe that so many people jumped ship after a so-so album. That's actually pretty pathetic. Why is it so surprising that the band that gave us Parachutes and Rush of Blood couldn't make another great album? Seriously, stop being so surprised.

The surprise, for me anyway, is that I think this may be their first truly great album. I adore the first two, but this one is on another plane. It's not that they rebounded from a mediocre album to their "former glory" - they rocketed past it and flipped it off on the way.

i have listened to a few songs and nothing really gets me right now.. just meh for me. And I really don't like the title track song.:down:

i have been a fan for a few years and this is just disappointing to me right now. I hope that the album will grow on me after a few listens but I don't know. :shrug:

I really want to thank Phanan for sending me the links! :hug:

lovers in japan :drool:
Chinese Sleep Chant :drool::drool:
42 :drool:

There we go :drool:

:lol:

Not sure if the joke was intentional...I'm guessing it was. And if so...

Bravo! Good work elevatedU2fan. From now on if I run into anybody and they ask me what I think of the new Coldplay album I'm totally going to say "I'm digging Cemeteries of London"

and we have lift off...

Alright after listening to this sucker on my ipod I am really impressed with what I have heard, the quality isn't the greatest and I would kill for a better version of LIT right now but aside from that, I give it a :up:

Fav songs so far:

Cemeteries Of London
Lost!
Lovers Of Japan/Reign Of Love
Yes
Viva La Vida
Strawberry Swing

jezz... almost the whole album.

i must say... i downloaded a more acoustic version of Lost! the other day, and i much prefer the acoustic version to the clapping version on the album.

frankly i think they ruined the song... that acoustic version was beautiful. this is over-produced.

I agree. I think the accoustic version of Lost! is much more beautiful.

Yeah, Coldplay wanted to keep the album at ten official tracks, so what they did was insert a couple of hidden tracks. Chinese Sleep Chant is with Yes, and The Escapist is with Death And All His Friends.

OK, thanks for the information. The hidden tracks are a little confusing.

The surprise, for me anyway, is that I think this may be their first truly great album. I adore the first two, but this one is on another plane. It's not that they rebounded from a mediocre album to their "former glory" - they rocketed past it and flipped it off on the way.

Indeed. Personally, I'm more shocked than anyone because I really don't think the first two are THAT brilliant and are generally overrated on this forum. But this album...man...I dunno. It's special. I still esteem Parachutes higher because Shiver, Yellow, High Speed...well, they're all about on Yes' level, plus the album has great atmosphere too and no truly weak tracks. On top of that, I prefer the more raw sound of that record over this sound that's heavier on soundscapes and much more polished. But that's not a knock on the material of Viva.

Anyway, great record, though Screwy is overrating it already. :wink:

In other news I officially hate Best Buy Canada... They were supposed to give me a "pre-sale" code today for the Toronto concerts but of course their crappy website sucks balls :madspit:

son of a bitch! I went back to try it again and I think it worked! :shocked:

I have to wait until next week for them to email me the code - I'm not holding my breath or anything.

This is, of course, after I sent them a rather unhappy email about how crappy their company is :lol:

Indeed. Personally, I'm more shocked than anyone because I really don't think the first two are THAT brilliant and are generally overrated on this forum. But this album...man...I dunno. It's special. I still esteem Parachutes higher because Shiver, Yellow, High Speed...well, they're all about on Yes' level, plus the album has great atmosphere too and no truly weak tracks. On top of that, I prefer the more raw sound of that record over this sound that's heavier on soundscapes and much more polished. But that's not a knock on the material of Viva.

Anyway, great record, though Screwy is overrating it already. :wink:

I do think that A Rush Of Blood To The Head is brilliant, and was the previous high water mark for them, but I think Viva has passed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom