Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer to all of your questions is "cracking."

Absolutely cracking.

Yeah, me too.

I'm still reeling from this actually being good. Violet Hill's still a pile of suck, but Viva la Vida should've been a big indicator on how good it'd be. I love the apparent death of that goddamn falsetto.

I liked Violet Hill initially, but now, hearing it in the context of the album, I think it is even better.

I am fucking loving this album. Well done, Coldplay.

I liked Violet Hill initially, but now, hearing it in the context of the album, I think it is even better.

I am fucking loving this album. Well done, Coldplay.

Maybe listening to it in context would help. When I first heard it I got the "this is the same damn Coldplay" vibe. Viva la Viva would've been a better first single and I'm glad it's getting the huge exposure right now.

The whole album is a highlight for me, but if I had to pick out my current favorites, they would be...

Lovers In Japan
Yes/Chinese Sleep Chant

What a sequence...

Add Viva la Vida into that and I completely agree.

Fuck, Viva la Vida may very well end up being my favorite Coldplay song. Now I've got to tell my friends that it's actually a great album... this is going to suck.

crow.jpg

I eat it.

Bare in mind though, a lot of people were very satisfied with REM's Around The Sun when that was released and listened to and nowdays that album is universally hated by critics.

They were on Kevin and Bean this morning. Kevin or Bean made a joke about the album title and Ricky Martin (remember Livin' La Vida Loca?) and Chris Martin joked that Ricky Martin was his brother.

I have to get this off my chest. I can't believe that so many people jumped ship after a so-so album. That's actually pretty pathetic. Why is it so surprising that the band that gave us Parachutes and Rush of Blood couldn't make another great album? Seriously, stop being so surprised.

I have to get this off my chest. I can't believe that so many people jumped ship after a so-so album. That's actually pretty pathetic. Why is it so surprising that the band that gave us Parachutes and Rush of Blood couldn't make another great album? Seriously, stop being so surprised.

It was that perfect storm of hype, disappointment, and general shittyness that set that off. Parachutes is a brilliant debut, Rush of Blood's pretty good, and X&Y was a shitty Xerox of Rush of Blood with some Parachutes smeared in there. And with so many other bands out there, why waste your time listening to a band that seemed destined to keep repeating themselves and emulate artists greater than themselves? The cycle gets broken somewhere.

This album's the first sign that this band can actually embrace change and improve their sound. Plus, it sounds like they're not taking themselves as seriously as before. I'm surprised that they didn't pull an Oasis and make an underwhelming "comeback" album after such a huge letdown.

I hope these quotes aren't gonna be used against me in the future, Axver-loving-HTDAAB-style.

Would it be the same emoticon drooling over Coldplay and Radiohead CD covers?

I'd love if someone actually made that. My skills are full of phail in that department.

Whenever I think of Xavi or see his/her name, I always picture a person sitting at their computer drooling all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom