Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, to wrap this up, my ratings after one listen:

1. Life In Technicolor (4.5/5)
2. Cemeteries Of London (4/5)
3. Lost! (4/5)
4. 42 (4/5)
5. Lovers Of Japan (4.5/5)/Reign Of Love (3.5/5)
6. Yes (5/5)
7. Viva La Vida (4/5)
8. Violet Hill (3.5/5)
9. Strawberry Swing (4/5)
10. Death And All His Friends (4/5)

Album rankings:

1. Parachutes (8.7/10)
2. Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends (8.4/10)
3. A Rush Of Blood To The Head (8.0/10)
4. X&Y (6.3/10)

Yes, as you can tell, I really dig this album, and I do consider it a step up over AROBTTH (which, frankly, I think many of you waaaaay overhype). This is a cohesive, well-written record that contains some of Martin's best lyrics with hardly any schlock to be seen. Yes is one of the best things the band has ever done. I can only imagine how cool this record will be in good quality.

Good job, boys. You don't suck anymore. :up:

Chinese Sleep Chant > Yes

but both songs combined into one :drool:

and I can't get over how lovely Lovers in Japan is :yippie:

and no fix you like songs :yippie:

Actually, I agree, it is better, and LiJ is way better than Reign of Love, but the best part is that they're ALL good! :yippie:

I'm really digging Cemeteries Of London...

:lol:

Not sure if the joke was intentional...I'm guessing it was. And if so...

Bravo! Good work elevatedU2fan. From now on if I run into anybody and they ask me what I think of the new Coldplay album I'm totally going to say "I'm digging Cemeteries of London"

Okay, I'm going out on a limb right now and hoping that somebody will send me the songs from "Death and All His Friends" ...I KNOW it probably takes a lot of time, but eh, figured I ask... have no idea where to get it myself (bit of a technological "newb," as it were)................

filmfanatic@gmail.com

:hug:

If it's not a hassle, would somebody upload Death And All His Friends again and email me the link? It says download limit reached or something. Thanks!

muralee_s @ hotmail.com

And is ...Technicolor available yet?

Okay, I got to Lovers in Japan / Reign of Love and had to stop because I was driving home, but damn. Where has this band been the past 4-5 years?

42's one of the catchiest songs I've heard in a long time... long time. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album. Hell, I'll probably buying this.

Okay, I got to Lovers in Japan / Reign of Love and had to stop because I was driving home, but damn. Where has this band been the past 4-5 years?

42's one of the catchiest songs I've heard in a long time... long time. Can't wait to hear the rest of the album. Hell, I'll probably buying this.

Yeah, I listened to it all day at work and then in the car ride home I learned to like it even more. It's definitely a collection of big songs that need to be played loudly with the windows down.

It's literally like they've been reading what we've been saying sucks about X&Y and have done the exact opposite. How crazy is that?

I'm still gonna make fun of the revolutionary garb though.

Last edited:
Gee, how hard is it to wait one week for the proper album release? I hope all of ya who are drooling over the album will actually by the fucker.

The 90's geezer I am, I'm abstaining til next Thursday, naturally....

Just a few questions.

1. How consistent is the lyrical concept or recurring theme of the soldier?
2. Is 42 really as epic as it has been hyped?
3. Do Lovers In Nihon/Reign Of Love, Death And All His Friends/Escapist & Yes/Chinese Sleep Chant actually segue into each other within the track, or are they two separate songs within the track?

I know. :wink:

It actually does fit it well. And I can see where they're going with their new stage attire, it's just a bit to costumy for me.

Yeah, me too.

I'm still reeling from this actually being good. Violet Hill's still a pile of suck, but Viva la Vida should've been a big indicator on how good it'd be. I love the apparent death of that goddamn falsetto.

Gee, how hard is it to wait one week for the proper album release? I hope all of ya who are drooling over the album will actually by the fucker.

I might actually buy it, too.

Just a few questions.

1. How consistent is the lyrical concept or recurring theme of the soldier?
2. Is 42 really as epic as it has been hyped?
3. Do Lovers In Nihon/Reign Of Love, Death And All His Friends/Escapist & Yes/Chinese Sleep Chant actually segue into each other within the track, or are they two separate songs within the track?

Gee, how hard is it to wait one week for the proper album release?:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom