Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
yes... is the C word...

no, don't think of the OTHER C word :shifty:

from 411mania.com
http://www.411mania.com/music/news/59569/Coldplay-Announce-New-Album-Tracks.htm

Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks
Posted by Mitch Michaels on 09.10.2007

Chris Martin and company recording their fourth album...

Alt rockers Coldplay announced eight song titles from their upcoming album via their website recently. Songs from that record will be "Lost", "Cemeteries Of London", "Violet Hill", "Poppy Fields", "42", "Yes!", "Leftrightleftrightleft" and "Rainy Day". No release date has been set for the album, but it's expected some time in 2008.

According to the band's post, "Expect a short, concise record with no fat and at least two top-division songs released independently...We're still a few months from finishing but already the arguments about track listing have begun." Recorded in Barcelona, the album is said to be "infused [with] the sights, sounds and flavors of Latin America and Spain...The music and lyrics have begun to reflect the strengthening Hispanic theme...No maracas or castanets, but a vibrancy and colorfulness that owes much to the atmosphere of Buenos Aires and Barcelona."

The album will be the follow-up to 2005's #1 hit X&Y.

Credit: Billboard.com

Cementeries of London better be one hell of a song with such a cool name...

Last edited:
Are those real song titles or British children's show song titles?

Those are some odd names. "Leftrightleftrightleft?" You do the hokey pokey!

I'm hoping for better things this time around. Loved Rush of Blood, but wasn't sold on the last record.

Mostly, I hope for better lyrics.

Parachutes to Rush of Blood was an insane freshman-sophomore album combo, there was a sweet progression of style and content from one album to the other. X&Y was a side-step at best, hopefully this one will deliver something fresh... even if they have shitty titles.

At least they make Prospekt look like a legit title by comparison.

^ Those are the eight song titles that were released. The article doesn't say that that the record will consist of those eight songs only. Furthermore, I think these are working titles and the song names will be different when the album comes out.

At least I hope that's the case, as far as "leftrightleftrightleft" is concerned. :|

according to coldplaying.com:

Coldplay have revealed the first details of their new album including a number of songs up for consideration for the final track listing.

Writing on their official blog the band announced that they had just returned to the studio after a month off. They wrote: “The plan has always been to make a short record. No more than 42 minutes. 9 songs (give or take).”

The songs which might make it to the final cut include ‘Lost!’, ‘Cemeteries Of London’, ‘Violet Hill’. ‘Poppy Fields’, ‘42’, ‘Yes!’, Leftrightleftrightleft’ and ‘Rainy Day’. The blog also stated that fans can expect two songs that won’t feature on the album to be released “independently” as well.

it's saying that the album is going to be about 9 songs long and 2 other songs to be released independently. According to the band's blog page..

I hope you're kidding. I know you're the worst boarder now that U2Kitten is gone, but if that's a joke, it's tripe even for you.

Justin24 said:
Can't wait for this. I like Coldplay better than Aracade of Fire. :wink: :ohmy: :|

I never understood some people's absolute need to criticize bands and/or people for liking said bands. There are fan appreciation threads in B & C of bands or musicians that I don't particularly care for but you'll never see me post a criticism of the band or fans for digging their music. This is the same in real life. You like Britney Spears? That's your prerogative(pun intended).

Seriously, I'm curious as to why this is. Fine Justin, we get it. You don't care for Coldplay, and probably even less for Aracade of Fire (if such a band exists). We know, we know. But there's no need for you to come in here if you can't bring something insightful to the discussion.

I'm not holding my breath though.

I'm interested. I was a fairly big Coldplay fan prior to X&Y, and was in London when that album was released so I got caught in the hype. Afterwards it always came off as a hollow shell of a record, on repeat listening.

Here's hoping my beloved Brian Eno can inject some of his patented ???????? into the band's new tracks. I'm not keane on the Spanish influence rumours, however.

I'm actually intrigued by these titles. They sound a little offbeat, but that's what Coldplay needs right now. I know I'm one of the few around here that loves "X&Y", but it was just a plateau album for me. It didn't damage the band in any way, but it certainly didn't take them to the next level. If an artist/band (or anyone or thing for that matter) isn't continually improving and taking risks; a decline isn't far behind. From the quirky titles, to the supposed influences, it sounds like Coldplay woke up and really tried to experiment with this album. I'm hoping something leaks soon.:drool: I do have to say that I'm extremely disappointed if the album really will only be around 9 songs. To me, that's unacceptable for a band of Coldplay's caliber. They owe us fans more than 42 minutes. If they release 2 other songs independently, then I won't be as down on the idea, but I really don't see why they wouldn't include them on the album. 11 songs is a much more reasonable number.

Last edited:
i don't even know where i stand with coldplay
i very much enjoyed the first 2, but found
x&y to be utter shit i completely fell off the bandwagon
and chris martin got lumped in with james blunt
for whiny british singers.

but i still am intrigued to hear what's next,
i certainly don't have high expectations..

U2isthebest said:

They are!:happy: I was at one of their shows last week and the lead singer totally ate a cobra, live on stage! It was fucking mental!:rockon:

Funny, because their drummer is a Burmese Python.

Re: Re: Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks

LemonMelon said:

Let the Radiohead comparisons circulate once again...all that track needs is some binary code, and it'll be good to go.

down is the new up :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom