Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, thanks for the scoop.

I, personally, cannot wait to hear it.

I also cannot wait to hear what people's reactions are to it. Should be interesting.

Yeah, if the May 6 date is true the single will leak in 2 weeks or less.

The album will be a considerably longer wait, I'm thinking.

Next month's NME will include a 7" with Violet Hill on the A sid$20e and "A Spell A Rebel Yell" on the B side. You can preorder it from the NME site right now.

I would but it came out to about $20 dollars to have it sent internationally. So if one of you UK guys wants to pick up an extra one and do me a favor, that'd be nice. I'll PayPal you.

:combust:

------- New Coldplay Single To Get World Premiere On BBC6 Music, 29th April (Before Noon) --------------------

It has been announced this week that Coldplay will premiere the first single from their fourth album, ‘Viva La Vida’, next Tuesday (29th April) on BBC6 Music, which will then open the floodgates for thousands of other radio stations to be allowed to air the track. ‘Violet Hill’, which is released in June, will be given its first play on George Lamb's show on BBC 6 Music, which airs between 10am and 1pm (BST).

Coldplay’s much anticipated new album features ten tracks and has been produced alongside Brian Eno. Speaking about the album, the band said that they “weren’t afraid to try anything” and that, as a group, they were still “obsessed with making songs that can be sung to the rafters”.

Meanwhile, XFM announced that big Coldplay news will be announced on Monday 28th April. In their blog, they said, "Keep your eyes and ears locked on to Xfm Online and on air for the most exciting Coldplay news you'll hear all year on Monday… We can say no more. Yet."

More on the BBC6 Music story at http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2307692#post2307692

For those who live outside the UK you can listen to BBC6 Music and XFM webstreams via the Coldplaying toolbar - which you can download at http://coldplaying.ourtoolbar.com prior to next week's news announcement and track premiere.

I'm so pumped for this album release, more so than In Rainbows (probably cause it came so suddenly) and the upcoming Oasis release. Even maybe the new U2 one....

"The album people will remember Coldplay by" is a fair statement.

This is their chance to release a second masterpiece to add to AROBTTH, and I reckon this band have got the goods to become legendary....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7370808.stm

Coldplay giving away new single

The album will be released on 12 June

Coldplay are to give away a free download of Violet Hill, the first single from their new album, for one week via their website.

The song will be available on Tuesday, with a normal digital release scheduled for 6 May.

The release of the album Viva La Vida or Death and all his Friends has been moved forward to 12 June in the UK.

The band have also announced plans to give away tickets to two free concerts in June, in New York and London.

The gigs will take place at London's Brixton Academy on 16 June and at New York's Madison Gardens on 23 June.
Details of how to win tickets will be posted on the Coldplay website.

Free music

The download move follows a shift away from traditional sales by various acts last year.

Last June, Prince gave away copies of his album Planet Earth with the Mail on Sunday newspaper, and indie band
The Charlatans gave away a free download of their new album on radio station XFM's website.

In October, Radiohead let fans decide how much they wanted to pay to download their seventh studio album, In Rainbows,
from their official website.

A free 7-inch vinyl single of Coldplay's Violet Hill will also be given away on the cover of music weekly NME on 7 May.

The vinyl version will also include the track A Spell A Rebel Yell, which will not be available anywhere else.

Coldplay's fourth studio album, the follow-up to 2005's X&Y, is reported to have a Hispanic influence,
following recording sessions in Spain and a tour of Latin America.

albumav1.jpg

That album cover is mint.

A little different from the Coldplay of old though, the past three albums (and overbearing artistic themes) all followed a consistent style, through both single and album cover. That said, that particular trilogy of albums has indeed concluded, according to the boys.

And Violet Hill....one day to go!

elevated_u2_fan said:

...it's.... different.... I'll give them that...

Is this confirmed? :wink:

It's actually on the coldplay.com website which is all bizarre at the moment. There's no real content on the site except for a couple of links to information about free concerts and the Violet HIll download, and the cover.

my first thought?

that's pretty awesome.

second thought?

act 2 of Les Misérables.

third thought?

the statue of liberty woman is getting a little crazy.

forth thought?

guns and boobage. teenage boys are going to want this poster on their walls.

:up:

corianderstem said:

:lol:

Do you hear Chris Martin sing?
Singing the songs of angry men.
It is the music of a rock band
Who will not be wusses again!

:yes:

If he sings, he will be condemned. If he stays silent, he is damned! Who is he? Can he pretend to be the man he was before?

24601!

As long as Gwyneth doesn't show up to play one of the female roles, we could keep going all day with these musical references. :wink:

phanan said:

Agreed. I like that cover.

Very curious to hear the first single tomorrow.

My buddy's gonna try and listen to it in his computer lab class and give me the scoop later. This is legitimately exciting.

corianderstem said:
As long as Gwyneth doesn't show up to play one of the female roles, we could keep going all day with these musical references. :wink:

How dare you attack Gwyneth! She sings better than her husband does, as the Duets soundtrack illustrates.

Like Claire Daines was some kind of legitimate casting choice.

Interesting cover. Isn't that originally a painting by Delacroix or some other French artist from that time?

If the album doesn't sound as different as this cover looks compared to their previous albums, I'll be very disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom