Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
last unicorn said:

Coldplay better than U2? I think I might just die laughing.

I didn't say that at all.

Hay guyz, did you ever think that Coldplay only made terrible choices for singles because that's what U2 did with How to Dismantle Your Career also? Hmmm??? OMG, there copyin gain!!!111! Something to think about.

:wink:

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:

I didn't say that at all.

Hay guyz, did you ever think that Coldplay only made terrible choices for singles because that's what U2 did with How to Dismantle Your Career also? Hmmm??? OMG, there copyin gain!!!111! Something to think about.

:wink:

What songs should U2 have chosen instead of Vertigo, OOTS, Sometimes, and All Because Of You? :eyebrow: COBL was a terrible choice because they had to edit the hell out of it, but other than that, they seemed like logical choices to me. :shrug:

I really liked X&Y when it was first released but can't listen to it anymore. Don't know if that's because I listened to it too often or it didn't age well... :shrug:

Aygo said:
I don't think X&Y had bad choices for singles?
What? A message? Swallowed in the sea? Low? The title track? Those would never get much airplay, would be failures.

white shadows or square one would have been good singles

LemonMelon said:

What songs should U2 have chosen instead of Vertigo, OOTS, Sometimes, and All Because Of You? :eyebrow: COBL was a terrible choice because they had to edit the hell out of it, but other than that, they seemed like logical choices to me. :shrug:

Bomb has the best single choices since AB, I just wish they dropped ABOY and made OOTS the fourth single instead.

Insight into album's artwork scheme:

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43390

and

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2272839#post2272839

I don't think the title is bad. And if it comes from the Kahlo painting, it fits in well with the theme shown in the artwork above. Also take into account the song "Famous Old Painters" and last year's Latin American tour.

The title and the artwork certainly seem to signify the kind of change they are touting for this record. I'm actually pretty excited to hear it.

X&Y was a pretty good title, and look what happened with that...
i am hoping this album will be good, i haven'r lost all faith in the band just yet.

as for the title now, well, it's pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty lame,

When I thought Coldplay couldn't disapoint me more... Here you got! What a fucking bad title for an album.
For spanish (and portuguese - like me) native speakers this sounds way too bad. It looks like the title of a written composition of a 1st grade kid.

Well, U2 has an album with a german word in its title (recorded and inspired by Germany)... now Coldplay has got an album with (probable) latin and spanish influences and with a spanish title.

At least Achtung Baby is a reference to The Producers. Springtime for Hitler, guys.

The Coldplay title is not even laughably bad anymore, just bad.

I'll miss Pr0sp3kt!

Didn't know you were an Interpol fan Xavi, i thought you wereone of those Radiohead fundamentalists...

What a stupid, childish title :censored:

Prospekt was a much better one. I can smell a drop album sales just because of that awful title :(

Aygo said:
When I thought Coldplay couldn't disapoint me more... Here you got! What a fucking bad title for an album.
For spanish (and portuguese - like me) native speakers this sounds way too bad. It looks like the title of a written composition of a 1st grade kid.

Well, U2 has an album with a german word in its title (recorded and inspired by Germany)... now Coldplay has got an album with (probable) latin and spanish influences and with a spanish title.

I agree
If they wanted to name the album in Spanish, they could have used thousands of better lines :(

"Vida" alone sounds better than "Viva la Vida".

This is one of the very worst album names I've ever had the misfortune to read :|

Viva la Vida? That's what they're calling it?

:eeklaugh:

Making fun of Coldplay just got ten times easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom