Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2isthebest said:

It wasn't as as good as "Parachutes" and "A Rush of Blood to the Head" but it way better than it gets credit for.

I doubt they'll top AROBTTH:drool:

but they really dropped the ball with X&Y :wink:

Only because X&Y sucked a lot of balls. Eloquent, I know.

Is it weird that I'm legitimately excited for this album?

So I guess I really must not follow U2 any more, what the hell albums do they consider a trilogy?

Regardless of how bad X&Y may or may not be, it's still better than How to Dismantle Blah Blah Blah as a proper album. U2 fans just hate that Coldplay are better than U2 at being U2 now.

u2popmofo said:
So I guess I really must not follow U2 any more, what the hell albums do they consider a trilogy?

Regardless of how bad X&Y may or may not be, it's still better than How to Dismantle Blah Blah Blah as a proper album. U2 fans just hate that Coldplay are better than U2 at being U2 now.

Coldplay better than U2? I think I might just die laughing.

I like them. Chris Martin tries so hard to be Bono. His singing sometimes scares the hell out of me.

I must admit I liked X&Y when it first came out, but I haven't listened to it in ages. I found all their choices for singles (maybe with the exception of Speed of Sound) really bad.

Still, I'm excited about their new album.

u2popmofo said:
U2 fans just hate that Coldplay are better than U2 at being U2 now.

:lmao: There isn't anything on HTDAAB as bad as Fix You. Nothing. U2 has never been THAT shlocky.

And Bono may write about souls covered in honey too often, but I can't think of a U2 line worse than "Don't you want to see it come soon/Floating in a big white balloon/Or given on your own silver spoon" or, equally bad, "You cut me down a tree/And brought it back to me/And that's what made me see/Where I was going wrong". Those make me LOL every time. :lol:

X&Y is horrible. There's no denying it.

X&Y is horribly incohesive and Fix You is a rather poor song, but there are some immensely enjoyable tunes on X&Y (Square One, Speed of Sound, White Shadows, Swallowed By The Sea).

LemonMelon said:

:lmao: There isn't anything on HTDAAB as bad as Fix You. Nothing. U2 has never been THAT shlocky.

And Bono may write about souls covered in honey too often, but I can't think of a U2 line worse than "Don't you want to see it come soon/Floating in a big white balloon/Or given on your own silver spoon" or, equally bad, "You cut me down a tree/And brought it back to me/And that's what made me see/Where I was going wrong". Those make me LOL every time. :lol:

"Intellectual tortosie"

&

"Freedom has a scent
Like the top of a new born baby's head "

are more LOL worthy :lol:

:wink:

I don't mind Coldplay, but I think that they, despite the "next U2" shtick by the media and their own hype, have a lot to prove to earn that title.

xaviMF22 said:

"Intellectual tortosie"

&

"Freedom has a scent
Like the top of a new born baby's head "

are more LOL worthy :lol:

:wink:

Well, no ... at least there's some irony in these lyrics.

Though I admit I like Coldplay, I must say that lyrically most of their stuff is simply dull.

LemonMelon said:

There are some horrendous lyrics on Bomb as well.

Both albums are much maligned. Neither one is better than the other.

elevated_u2_fan said:

Can anyone confirm if he's wearing loafers without any socks as well?

I was actually going to say that, but I couldn't figure out if you ever saw his feet or not. I'm pretty sure he is, in fact, doing just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom