Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2007, 03:28 AM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:53 AM
Who cares how many songs are on the album? As long as they don't suck balls, there could be eight songs on the album for all I care.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:23 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:53 AM
I am a huge Coldplay fan, but I haven't listened to their stuff for some time now. I also used to like X & Y - it was the first Coldplay album I had, but I appreciate only certain songs on it and Chris Martin's voice was starting to annoy me a bit, so I haven't listened to their music in months, maybe apart from the Live Album, which I really love. But with all the talk about a new Coldplay album coming out, I'm starting to get really excited again.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:09 AM   #48
Refugee

Local Time: 08:53 AM
i am a huge coldplay hater they give the world whiny dudelmusic for fluffybunnies
Old 09-11-2007, 07:01 AM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13

In a way, I agree with you here. With their first two LPs clocking in at 11 tracks, they found a really good album construct. X&Y is plagued by some, for lack of a better word, abysmal cuts, but reconstructed with some of the better non-album X&Y songs, it would have made a good 11 track album (although still not up to the excellent standards of Parachutes and Rush).

However, I can't really say whether or not 9 tracks would be a huge problem. Sometimes brevity can be a good thing. My favorite album of 2007, Okkervil River's The Stage Names, clocks in with its nine tracks at about the mid-40's mark. A seemingly stingy tracklist resulted in a terrific album, so I can't say whether or not a similar approach from Coldplay would be a bad thing. Honestly, it could be just what they need.
I am right with you in the sense that I will take 9 stellar tracks anyday over 11 mediocre ones. That goes for any album, of course. I think that comment is born more out of anticipation and a sense of entitlement on my part. It's almost as if I feel I'm owed more than the band can give and, that's wrong.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:09 AM   #50
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoManiac
Don't forget "42" vs. "40". I think that's the more obvious comparison. I know that's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the titles.
It instantly made me think of The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. If 42 is indeed a reference to that, I will personally go and kick Chris Martin in the arse for defiling the best trilogy of 4 (5) in history with his band's plague of mundanity.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-11-2007, 07:12 AM   #51
45:33

Local Time: 06:53 PM
One of Pink Floyd's best albums has five songs on it

Leftrightleftright sounds amazing...
Old 09-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #52
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 02:53 AM
X 1,000,000

(the c word, i mean..not pink floyd )

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

Old 09-11-2007, 09:32 AM   #53
Blue Crack Supplier

Seriously, if you don't like a band why do you come into a thread which clearly is for people who do and shit all over it?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:44 AM   #54
Ghost of Love

i think you're taking it way too seriously

this isn't 'clearly' a coldplay appreciation thread or one exclusively for people who like them, not by a long shot. its an announcement, just like anyone else's announcement that people pipe up about. my opinion is that coldplay bores me to tears, so yeah, the announcement. elicits a yawn.

and a yawn is miles away from 'shitting all over'

wait...now *i'm taking *you way too seriously
Old 09-11-2007, 09:49 AM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

It instantly made me think of The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.
Considering "Don't Panic" was a reference to that book, you might be on to something.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:49 AM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Coldplay

gabrielvox

Old 09-11-2007, 09:57 AM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by gabrielvox

this isn't 'clearly' a coldplay appreciation thread or one exclusively for people who like them, not by a long shot. its an announcement, just like anyone else's announcement that people pipe up about. my opinion is that coldplay bores me to tears, so yeah, the announcement. elicits a yawn.

I understand what you're saying and my comment was not directed just at you and I am probably just in a bad mood because I'm not a morning person...

I only take 0.01% of posts on this board seriously but still these inane comments about how boring Coldplay is and how they're pussies or whatever is annoying and already has been done to death...

If you were to start a thread about your band and I were to come in and do this x 100000000000, how would you feel?
Old 09-11-2007, 10:20 AM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by gabrielvox

Old 09-11-2007, 10:24 AM   #59
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan

If you were to start a thread about your band and I were to come in and do this x 100000000000, how would you feel?
you mean U2? well then of course that's an indefensible type of opinion on a U2 board...so probably not a great example of what you mean..

let's say...the "genius that is new order" thread...well..see..you could by all means do that, but really that would be really silly...that's clearly an appreciation thread and they're widely regarded as pioneers and well respected...so i think a comment like that would likely get hammered pretty hard and not by me only..

coldplay on the other hand...I'm not alone in the opinion that they are a boring band that's trying their hardest to get the U2 mantle passed on to them..

so ya could debate me on my opinion that they're boring, or leak me a track to convince me that maybe i might have something to get excited about...but to say that I shouldn't come in here and post my opinion, that i don't get...

anyways no worries no quarrel or anything, i understand what you mean...i just dont think it applies here thats all..

plathegreat
Old 09-11-2007, 10:30 AM   #60
Blue Crack Supplier

fair enough...

I don't mind if you want to give solid reasoning as to why you don't like a band, I just don't like the usual drive-by "Cold Play SUX!" which you haven't done so I respect that.

Tags
coldplay