Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2008, 04:29 AM   #496
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:20 AM
^ Oh, didn't see that one, thanks a lot!

Old 05-08-2008, 05:11 AM   #497
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:20 AM
I really like Viva La Vida. Much much better than Violet Hill.

The new look is, er, absolutely ridiculous, but I do have a soft spot for flamboyance, Most bands look bloody boring nowadays.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:22 AM   #498
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
honestly... u2 fans should never make fun of another band's outfits and/or hair.

I've always thought of myself as an equal oportunity critic when it comes to bad outfits
Old 05-08-2008, 09:24 AM   #499
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus

Whatever. Bono can usually get away with wearing get-ups like that. At least he doesn't have shit all over his hands like a high school girl.

If Thom did it, it's be considered acceptable.....

This is hard, trying to abstain from Viva La Vida until the album release, really difficult.

Band's new image is fine. A band just doing what they wanna do, wearing what they wanna wear. Fits in nicely with what must almost certainly be a concept album based from the perspective of a soldier maybe?

Don't see what people are whinging about, seems that the flavour of 07-08 has been to be anti-Coldplay about every little petty thing.....commercial success and radio play, jealous much? Looking for acceptance amongst music elites? Grow up and enjoy the tunes.....they are fucking magnif!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #500
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:20 AM
The difference is that Thom is:

a) an actual weirdo, not some twit pretending to be weird
b) a genius
c) cool

But he still doesn't have shit like that on his hands, because he doesn't try so hard.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:28 AM   #501
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by impy13
Can we talk about how good the Talk b sides are? Sleeping Sun is great and Gravity is one of my top five favorite songs of theirs. X&Y could have been a hell of a lot better than it was. I made a tracklist a while back which scrapped the clunkers, replaced Talk with the demo, and added some of the great b sides. It really could have been a good album...
Yes we can, I think Gravity is one of their best songs and it's criminal that it wasn't included on the album.

It's weird though, while I can rationalize that X&Y was not as good an album as Rush Of Blood or Parachutes I still think it's not as half as bad as most people on here go on about... I realize this puts me in the minority.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #502
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus
The difference is that Thom is:

a) an actual weirdo, not some twit pretending to be weird
b) a genius
c) cool

But he still doesn't have shit like that on his hands, because he doesn't try so hard.
How is having that "shit on his hands" "try hard." On the contrary, I think it would be very difficult to argue that the "shit on his hands", has been detrimental to the MAKE TRADE FAIR cause.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:41 AM   #503
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan

Yes we can, I think Gravity is one of their best songs and it's criminal that it wasn't included on the album.

It's weird though, while I can rationalize that X&Y was not as good an album as Rush Of Blood or Parachutes I still think it's not as half as bad as most people on here go on about... I realize this puts me in the minority.
They gave Gravity away to some other band didn't they, ala The Beatles giving I Wanna Be Your Man to the Stones?

I'm with ya re X&Y. The main piece of flak it cops is that it was "same old" Coldplay?! An extraordinarily simplistic generalisation. Square One, White Shadows, Talk, X&Y, Twisted Logic and the admittedly annoying Fix You contrasted starkly from the Coldplay of old.

X&Y was flawed because it lacked cohesion, was a confusing tracklisting, and it mixed Coldplay in autopilot with Coldplay exploring new territory. The World Turned Upside Down, Things I Don't Understand and the sweet little Proof (along with Sleeping Sun and Gravity) were all albumworthy, and could easily be swapped for some of the album tracks.

The answer: Get rid of Til Kingdom Come (Coldplay's worst song?), get rid of the half-decent but admittedly filler The Message, What If and even Hardest Part (which I love), maybe drop Twisted Logic (for just being kinda ordinary), and throw in some of these sweet b-sides.

The album just would've sounded as if it had more purpose, like it lived up to what songs like White Shadows, Square One and Low intended to do, extend the Coldplay sound. Indeed, in retrospect, the album might have been detached from the trilogy (subsequently, creating a continuum where the trilogy would never existed or been imagined, where's a flux capacitor when ya need one Doc? That's Heavy!)?!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:49 AM   #504
Blue Crack Supplier

I have never heard that about Gravity, who did they give it to?

It's funny you mention Til Kingdom Come and A Message - those are two of my favorites off the album

I always thought The Hardest Part, Fix You and Swallowed In The Sea where some of the weaker tracks off the album but to each his own...
Old 05-08-2008, 09:54 AM   #505
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I don't think it puts you in the minority that much. We just have a few people here who are very loud with their anti-Coldplay bashing that makes it seem overwhelming.

X&Y could have been better, absolutely, but some of those songs are really good.

And I agree, impy - the Talk B-sides are fantastic. I love Sleeping Sun.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #506
Refugee

Local Time: 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine

Get rid of Til Kingdom Come (Coldplay's worst song?)
You have got to be kidding.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:16 AM   #507
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by bsp77

You have got to be kidding.
It's boring......and does not fit in with the intent of the album at all.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #508
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:20 AM
I'm loving "Vida La Vida" from the 30 second sample I heard on iTunes. It's a very atmospheric sound a la 'The Unforgettable Fire', yet it's not really similar to anything on that album. Would anyone mind sending the full song my way to jesusgirl06@yahoo.com ? I really shouldn't be spending any more money on music for a couple weeks.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #509
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2isthebest
I'm loving "Vida La Vida" from the 30 second sample I heard on iTunes. It's a very atmospheric sound a la 'The Unforgettable Fire', yet it's not really similar to anything on that album. Would anyone mind sending the full song my way to jesusgirl06@yahoo.com ? I really shouldn't be spending any more money on music for a couple weeks.
No one has a file yet, we've been using the link on youtube so far...
Old 05-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #510
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:20 AM
Quote:

No one has a file yet, we've been using the link on youtube so far...

http://www.media fire.com/?xcp1ccxyjmy

Tags
coldplay